BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of fellow members have changed their filters to the BMC, but I am curious if there are real world horsepower gains? Have there been verified increases via dyno runs?

I currently have the Evo pulley, removed my charcoal filters and RPI scoops. I know $150 is not a big deal, but I don't want to change the air filters just for the sake of doing it because the retailers say they increase power.

Are there any horsepower gains from this mod alone?

James

·
Registered
160 Posts
Cool... Anyone carry them in stock in Toronto?? I always wanna get them...
hmm.. If any asked the same Question.. I'm sorry. I am buzz. now..... lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
Cool... Anyone carry them in stock in Toronto?? I always wanna get them...
hmm.. If any asked the same Question.. I'm sorry. I am buzz. now..... lol
I don't think you'll find stock in Canada.....ordered mine directly from BMC and everything came through without a hitch.....they seem to be very organized and know how to ship things internationally.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
cant wait to get mine.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
What Gabe presented is accurate. Due to emissions requirements, the air flow is somewhat restricted under stock conditions to meet what ever bench marks they need to achieve. This can be tied to the Air to Fuel ratio.

If you look at the OEM and a BMC filter side by side you will conclude better air flow with the BMC (or similar type). The point behind the scoops is redirect dedicated air flow to the intake. The purpose of the filters is to filter out particles and debris while allowing the necessary air flow for the fuel mix. But it can strangle the air flow also. This can affect your A/F ratio. You would not recognize the full potential of the Air Scoops or any air injection with the stock filters. In my unprofessional opinion!:M5thumbs:
:cheers:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Gabe,
Is this a Dyno with Eisenman Section 1 race pipes (cat delete)?
I also did a section 1 cat delete (with BMC Filters and scoop) and wanted to know if those are the hp/tq curves I should expect.
Thanks

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
3,395 Posts
This dyno is with the Eisenhaus/Meisterschaft section 1. I mislabeled it Eisenmann, since this was done before the *ahem* new info came out. Yes, it is a secondary cat delete section.

In terms of if you should expect these hp/torque curves, I'd say yes and no. In general, I would assume you would see the same general increases. However, your fuel is a bit different out there, so that may contribute the some minor differences in the curves. Also, if there is a difference in the piping diameter (I'm not sure, I haven't played around with the Evosport ones), that may change things as well. Either way though, the differences between the changes in HP/Torque curves experienced in your setup and the ones shown above should be relatively minor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts