BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slightly off the wall question. Do the kidney grills from any other model or series BMW fit a 2007 M6?
I love the car but the one thing that I dont like is the straight line on the bottom edge of the top of the kidney grill surround. To me it looks like it was a bad haircut day for the grill. Like mom took the scissors and a ruler to cut that edge.
I am trying to find a grill that would fit the M6 but one that has the curved bottom edge. If anyone knows of such a grill , please let me know!
Thank you .

·
Registered
933 Posts
The 6 series has its own kidney grilles, no other model will fit.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Another option is body color painted grille frames with mesh inside (instead of the stock slats).

I had a Race Mesh lower grill (below the bumper) on my 2005 645Ci which I liked a lot.

Ordering (scroll down to nearly the bottom - or search for "E63")
The mesh is available in a number of finishes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to go with gloss black outers and black slats. That should blend it in so the straight line is not as visible. Someone should make a grill that looks more like the normal ones. The new version of the car has the more traditional grill look. Wonder why they went to the straight edge.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very true. I had forgotten that since i have the E92 and it has the more rounded grills(one piece).
As of tomorrowI will be the owner of a 2007 BMW M6, silverstone with black leather and 6mt. Then i have to wait for the car to get here from PA(that is going to stink)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts