BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car definitely has Adaptive Headlights (i.e. the beam points around corners in response to the steering wheel angle), but I'm not sure if it has high beam assist? Is there an easy way to find out? I've read the manual, and tried to activate it, but at no point do I get a magic "A" by the high beam light in the instrument cluster?

Thanks for your help guys :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
358 Posts
My car definitely has Adaptive Headlights (i.e. the beam points around corners in response to the steering wheel angle), but I'm not sure if it has high beam assist? Is there an easy way to find out? I've read the manual, and tried to activate it, but at no point do I get a magic "A" by the high beam light in the instrument cluster?

Thanks for your help guys :M5thumbs:
All M6s don't have this option. I have every option except High beam assist. If you pushed the high beam lever forward and you didn't get an A by the high beam indicator on the instrument cluster then you don't have it. Don't know of any other way to determine, except for what you have already tried.
Ken

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I have it and it is very very useful when driving in the mountains around lots of curves. Highway driving doesn't seem to help all that much since cars are around often, but could just be where I drive....

But when going around a corner every 400 feet and driving very fast :) you don't have to think about turning the high beams off and blinding the other guy. It works really well!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts