BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any1 ever did a diy wrap on their car. Im thinking of doing my car chrome black. Is there a differnce in materials like whats the big differnce between 3m ones and ones made in china. I know it lacks quality but how will it affect the car beside no lasting as long as 3m wraps. Also is it possible to wrap the car without removing bumbers and door handles etc. And will it affect the paint underneath when removing vinyl.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Honestly for such a big project as wrapping your M6, you should get it done professionally. No matter how careful anyone who attempts it by themselves, you can't do a better job than an autoshop who has tons of experience doing it on multiple cars.

You could try as it is a new DIY topic. Do post your results if you follow that route.

·
Registered
854 Posts
To do it right you'll need experience, lots of time, and patience. And then after all that time it still won't be perfect. Some corners will lift, others will bubble. If you were wrapping a corolla than that's a different story, but an M6 with a poor wrap job will be a laughing stock. I also hear chrome wraps are a lot more difficult to apply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts