BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I was doing some reading and I came across these instructions for Removing and Installing the transmission in ISTA. I thought this would be valuable information to pass along. For those who enjoy launch control next up will be Removing & Installing the Clutch.

Enjoy :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
cool, thanks. Added to DIY master

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fully understand, this sorta stuff is not for the faint hearted. But I think you would be surprised how easy the work really is, if you have a good set of instructions. And as our cars get older there will be more of us that will be doing the work ourselves. I did not know anything about how to work on cars until 2006 when I got my BMW X5 and discovered the Xoutpost forum. I learned from the guys on the board and started working on my car. I enjoy the learning part and decided when I bought the M5 that I wanted to be an expert on working and understanding the car. I am far from it but just picked up the ISTA software and it has all the instructions that BMW gives to their stealers. So now its just time to start reading and playing.

I will post the clutch job later today.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Good find, something within my scope of work if I needed to do it myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts