BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just upgraded my side signal to smoked LED light. I wasn’t really sure about clear or smoked lens, but I figured the smoke will slightly present the demon side of the beast and I chose it! The light is manufactured by Bimmian, and I purchased it from JLeviSW.com. The outcome is very satisfying, and I absolutely love the way the smoked light looks. The illumination is crispy clean, and visible from any direction, and finally the craftsmanship is top notch!
Here is the link to the item I purchased:

WeissLicht LED Side Lenses for BMW - JleviSW

The Part Number to the one I purchased is LSLXX1SOH which is Smoked Lens with Orange Illumination. There are other combinations available such as clear or smoked lenses with white or orange illumination.

Here is a step by step Do It Yourself (DIY) for the folks who have considered doing it, but haven't started due to uncertainty about the procedure.
The entire replacement for both right and left side combined took about 5 minutes.(Maybe less!)

Although this DIY might be too easy for many of the folks on the board, I hope someone could benefit from it and find it useful!
[email protected] helped me out. I am very happy with the product and the service provided to me, and I strongly recommend him and his company.
Special thanks to the folks at JLeviSW for providing high quality parts and accessories! I will have a post for this product on the official customer service thread as well!

Cheers,:cheers:

Matt

By the way, I have no affiliation with JLeviSW.com in any way, and I’m just one of their many happy returning customers.

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
wow, this is a strong contender for DIY of the year (once you fix the html for your link). nice work. any pics of it in action?

Reactions: V10PWR

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! Very nice write up and DIY. Thank you for the support and taking the time to document this, I am sure many members are going to benefit.
Thank you Nick.
I will have one on the Ultimate LED interor lights soon. I am still organizing my pictures.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Very detailed DIY. Thank you for sharing!

This video is helpful as well :D
Thank you! I like the video, and thank you for posting it on this thread! That way if somenone wats to use this tread, both pictures and video are easily accessibel.

Reactions: mmzcee

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is that smoked/orange or smoked/clear? Bulb looks clear in your pic.

Nice job, thanks!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Nice job, thanks!
Thank you.
It is Smoked/Orange.
Generally LED lights could illuminate in a veriety of different colors while the bulb looks clear.

·
Registered
287 Posts
smoke tint spray

Nice job, thanks!
I have a pair of the smoke side lenses that he is showing here and found them not smoked enough for my taste so had 1 coat of smoke tint spray applied...made them perfect imo. That is an option for those who feel the same. Good write up and video

1 - 13 of 13 Posts