BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone order the device that is needed to check codes? Seems like it would be much easier than going to a shop each time a code is thrown. If so what is it called and anyone have a link to purchase it? Thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
I do not have one of these, nor do I have any code reader for that matter. I only just became aware of these devices on the BenzWorld Forum, but it looks interesting. It appears to turn your Apple or Android phone/tablet into a code scanner, maybe using a bluetooth transmitter that plugs into the ODB port. The product to search for is the X431 iDiag. It appears to be for sale on Amazon.com Would like to see some real world reviews before buying...LAUNCH

·
Registered
301 Posts
Anyone order the device that is needed to check codes? Seems like it would be much easier than going to a shop each time a code is thrown. If so what is it called and anyone have a link to purchase it? Thanks

Our cars will not work with a lot of these devices, for some reason. Do you have a specific product in mind? If not, a few people I know use the Rheingold software and OBD cord. You'll just need a laptop to hook the car up to.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ Awesome thanks man. Thats cheap. Lucky for me I havent thrown any codes(knock on wood) but it would be nice to have this handy instead of having to drive or (tow) to bmw or an indy shop every time a code is thrown.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts