BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I think the Eisenmann undoutedly sounds the best and I ordered it from Brad at Evosport - installation is a few weeks out. No disrespect to the Japanese, but I just can't see putting a Japanese exhaust on a German car.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jfenley said:
I think the Eisenmann undoutedly sounds the best and I ordered it from Brad at Evosport - installation is a few weeks out. No disrespect to the Japanese, but I just can't see putting a Japanese exhaust on a German car.
Although Dixis is Japanese, they specialize in BMW cars. They have some of the fastest track M3's around.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
jfenley said:
No listing on that site. Might I ask how much. Pm me if you'd like. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
GM KiLlEr said:
Cant seem to find any dyno sheets around for the Dixis exhaust. Have you seen any??
I don't think they post dyno sheets for a lot of their products so you'll have to wait for someone to buy it. IMHO, I don't think the gains would be anything more than 5hp for any exhaust.

In case people were thinking that Dixis is not good enough just because it's a Japanese company, they have an E46 M3 exhaust out of Inconel. Inconel is the material that F1 exhausts are made from. Price tag: $15,000 USD.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ALTANertive said:
I don't think they post dyno sheets for a lot of their products so you'll have to wait for someone to buy it. IMHO, I don't think the gains would be anything more than 5hp for any exhaust.

In case people were thinking that Dixis is not good enough just because it's a Japanese company, they have an E46 M3 exhaust out of Inconel. Inconel is the material that F1 exhausts are made from. Price tag: $15,000 USD.
No, nothing against the Japs, Am a big fan! used to own two Mitsu Evo's 7, and 8. Their aftermarket products were top of the line, very reliable.

And by the way doesnt the dixis exhaust include mufflers, and metalic cats. For some reason I thought it did, and was asking for dyno sheets. Since the cats are very restrictive.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
GM KiLlEr said:
No, nothing against the Japs, Am a big fan! used to own two Mitsu Evo's 7, and 8. Their aftermarket products were top of the line, very reliable.

And by the way doesnt the dixis exhaust include mufflers, and metalic cats. For some reason I thought it did, and was asking for dyno sheets. Since the cats are very restrictive.
I highly doubt that the system comes with much more than just the mufflers.

'Rocket

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
hoestly im not really impressed...with the E46 M3, the Dixis was one of the loudst exhausts out there and it had great sound. This hower has not much to offer..its not nearly as high pitched as i would have expected from a TI exhaust, as they generally are the higher pitched and louder exhausts, at least on the M3 side of things.

The price also is somewhat suspect as the Dixis for an m3 is actually around the same price and that has been here on the U.S. shores for 2 years now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
BostonRocket said:
I highly doubt that the system comes with much more than just the mufflers.

'Rocket
Chris, whats up bro! Its Isa with the black Evo 8 in boston, black M5's cousin. Congrats on ur new baby.

Thought one of the pictures showed the cats with whole cat-back system.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
GM KiLlEr said:
Chris, whats up bro! Its Isa with the black Evo 8 in boston, black M5's cousin. Congrats on ur new baby.

Thought one of the pictures showed the cats with whole cat-back system.
Isa! Long time no hear man! Let's meet up soon. I know you are always in my neighborhood.

I only suspect that it's just the mufflers becasue of the price. It's too good to be true.

'Rocket

1 - 13 of 13 Posts