Registered
1,535 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
At idle, 20" from tip, 45 degree angle, peak measurement:

Cold: 91 dB
Hot: 74 dB

Haven't had a chance to try 5600RPM yet though.

The RS decibel meters are about $30 or so, though the new digital ones are $50.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103667
FYI, today I have a chance to measure the sound on Tubi Rumore(just section3), and here are the number,

I wonder whether anyone has the number for Tubi Regular
Idle=97dBA
[email protected](3/4peak)
[email protected](peak)

Those measurement were done at 20" away from the tip with 45 degree angle.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Is that cold or warm?

That's quite a bit for just section 3.
That's warm. I was surprise too, but we did two measurements from two people. I gave the owner("UberCar") my sound measurement, and he will try to measure at cold start when he has a chance. I bought the digital one from Radio Shack as you referenced last time.

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
That's warm. I was surprise too, but we did two measurements from two people. I gave the owner("UberCar") my sound measurement, and he will try to measure at cold start when he has a chance. I bought the digital one from Radio Shack as you referenced last time.
Wow, I thought that was cold, since that's already much more than the Dixis + Eisenmann when cold, a full sections 1+2+3 setup.

Comparing warm to warm, that's a 23dB difference, that's over 10x the sound pressure, and over 4x the perceived loudness.

Surprising.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Wow, I thought that was cold, since that's already much more than the Dixis + Eisenmann when cold, a full sections 1+2+3 setup.

Comparing warm to warm, that's a 23dB difference, that's over 10x the sound pressure, and over 4x the perceived loudness.

Surprising.
After the measurement, Me and UberCar just :eek7: ?????? :rolleyes: and go back to :typing: . During the measurement, I didn't recall seeing any reading below 95dBA from the engine start. So, I'm very sure about the measurement. Even with or without 45angle, the reading just off by +/-1 dB or so. Now, I'm trying to convince myself not to go with Kreissieg due to its price, but it will definitely cure my headache for sure.:1zhelp:

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
A Little Update on Tubi Rumore

My friend just remeasured his Tubi Rumore at idle (Thanks, UberCar),

Cold: 117dB
Hot: 103 dB

Very loud from the number above, but I swear that full Meisterschaft GT with secion1&2 was way louder than Tubi Rumore. Anyone has number for full meistershaft GT? Just curious..:rolleyes:

At idle, 20" from tip, 45 degree angle, peak measurement:

Cold: 91 dB
Hot: 74 dB

Haven't had a chance to try 5600RPM yet though.

The RS decibel meters are about $30 or so, though the new digital ones are $50.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103667

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Man. I'm curious to know the sound levels of the stock exhaust now. 26-29dB difference between Tubi Rumore sec 3 and Dixis sec 1+2+3 is huge.
Currently I have stock section3 with meisterschaft section1&2. I will try to get that number when I get my meter back from UberCar.

To be honest, Tubi Rumore, IMO, still not that loud to full Meisterschaft GT. But too bad, I removed it before I bought my meter??????

What u think about Arqray? Do u think material differences between SS and Ti will change any volumn or pitch? Arqray SS+Ti tip runs around $3000 in current group buy right now, not bad for looks/sound from your Dixis full Ti.

Kenny

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
The Arqray Ti should probably give you a higher pitch sound than the SS. Ti in general does that. Personally, I think the higher pitch is a better match to this engine, and is part of the reason the Eisenmann is so popular. Since I haven't heard them though, I can't say with a high level of confidence really how they'll sound.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Do you have a clip of the Dixis/Meisterschaft sec 1? I just had my Dixis installed and the sound level did not meet my standard, would like to hear it with the sec 1.

·
Registered
64 Posts
61 - 80 of 80 Posts