BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Venting::
So About 1 1/2 months ago I attempted to order my Vorsteiner hood and was told I would receive it in about a week. The shop called in about a week and was told it would be another week...so 3 weeks later the hood arrives no big deal, it finally arrived well upon opening the package the hood was damage cracked underneath the glass in-between the carbon fiber on the right vent. Also there was a crack in the same manner on the right side up edge, upon receiving, pictures were sent to vorsteiner and they were called and was told that they would send a new one out immediately and I should receive it in about a week. A week goes by and the shop calls them again and was told that they need to ship the damaged hood out first before they send a new one, ok so the cracked one is sent and when they receive it. Then Vorsteiner said they would send another one out and I should receive it this past Tuesday. Well now they told the shop that they will attempt to fix the problem ( on the danaged hood) and if it cannot be fixed they will send a new one :grrrrr:...... So now it has been over a 1 1/2 months and I have still no new hood, and I am feed up with there bull****. Has anyone else experience these kinds of problems with them? I am thinking about completely canceling my order, what are your thoughts?<O:p></O:p>

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sorry to hear that bro! I know a few guys locally that have had fitment issues with their hood, but I think they got it resolved relatively quickly.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm also sorry to hear your frustrations. Customer Service needs to be top notch if they're gonna earn more business by word of mouth through customers like you. I hope they expedite the shipment and take care of you ASAP. Sometime, I'm leary about ordering a large size shipment like a hood or even the trunk due to fitment problems or minor blimishes. We're all Car Fanatics, right? Being anal is our human nature and passion about our cars. Good Luck with your situation.

Best Regards,

·
Registered
682 Posts
There Hoods are made in China thats why there is fitment issue's and quality issues come which is not a big deal if the cost was lower. But charging up to 2k on there hoods and having a fitment issue is rediculous! There cost on the hoods is around $500 and they charge way too much for product made in China....

·
Registered
47 Posts
any aftermarket hood wil not fit like OEM, no matter where its made.....that is for the paint shop/body shop to fix.

Reactions: BD 997

·
Registered
915 Posts
ouch, sometimes you get lucky with them and sometimes you dont...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yea, I was told by someone to get the non carbon hood, that it was much easier to sand and get a good fitment out of than the carbon...

I'm not a fan of carbon personally so thats my route when it comes time

·
Registered
728 Posts
There Hoods are made in China thats why there is fitment issue's and quality issues come which is not a big deal if the cost was lower. But charging up to 2k on there hoods and having a fitment issue is rediculous! There cost on the hoods is around $500 and they charge way too much for product made in China....
Thats funny i hear that the chinese are starting to say the very same thing about goods purchased from the u.s. ouich lets pray the mighty dollar regains its value.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would demand a new one be over-nighted to you at thier expense or just cancel the order.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was the person who ordered the hood for CWS80. The hood arrived in a few weeks but yes it was damaged. the box appeared to be fine. I called vorsteiner immediately and they said to send pictures over and they would get a new hood out. I took pictures literally within 10 minutes of our conversation and sent them. I called back and said the pictures should be there. They said they would call back. They never did. I followed up the next day. They stated they would need the old hood back first and then they can ship the new hood out. I told them to charge my account for the new replacement hood and refund me when the damaged hood was received. They said no. This is their "POLICY"

Mike at Vorsteiner said the hood would be picked up Friday and they would have a new one out the following Thursday or Friday. I said fine and ended the call there. The hood was picked up the following Monday NOT Friday. They received the hood the same day. Here is what an email said.

PLEASE ALLOW 14 BUSINESS DAYS FROM THE DATE OF RETURN FOR PROCESSING.

REPLACEMENT ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED WITHIN 14 BUSINESS DAYS.

I called Mike back and he said he did not handle my claim and passed the phone to someone else whom never called me back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is some more info from our communications:

Dear Customer,

Please be advised that we have followed Vorsteiner RMA procedures.

Please contact your sales rep for more details on your order.

If you have further questions about RMA procedures, please contact
[email protected]

Best Regards,

Accounts Department
Vorsteiner North America | Perfection Redefined.
Tel: 800.601.7615 | Extension 86.
Web: www.vorsteiner.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 6:15 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: RMA 13423

Mike told me the hood will ship last friday and now I am getting an email
stating it is still in production. My customer will most likely cancel due
to YOUR delays. I will let you know tomorrow.

Sunil

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
My 2 cents...i have dealt and will be dealing with Vorsteiner for future projects as they are always on top of everything and always provide excellent customer service...I did a grp buy with them not too long ago 20+ full carbon fiber hoods and rear diffusers and they worked with us from the development till the last hood was shipped and made sure everything ok...there was at one point were one board member CRNJY accidentally cracked his hood while he was bringing it to the body shop (ran over alot of time on the freeway) and I called Vorsteiner and told them about what happen and they stepped up and gave him another hood below cost (now that's service)...the quality of their carbon fiber is imho TOP NOTCH i have seen one too many before deciding to go with Vorsteiner, they make their hoods here in the U.S aswell...I will give them a call and try to help you out if you like, i'm sure there's just a hickup/ mis commununication...We all know Vorsteiner products are top notch but the thing that i really like about Vorsteiner is they really support the BMW community and anybody who support the BMW community is always good in my book...:goldcup:

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Looks like the hood was damage in transit...
I wanted to attach the pictures of both the hood's damage and the boxe so you guys would see the poor job that was done...

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
my shop ordered mine with no problems... Fitment was perfect. I'm sorry to hear about ur problem I hope it gets resolved soon...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just want to make a few points of clarification here since there seems to be quite a bit of miscommunication.

After being alerted to this post by one of our dealers I looked into this matter and it seems that the hood was severly damaged during shipping by the freight company Pilot. This is very unfortunate as we do have less than 1% damage rate and there are times packages are blatantly mishandled and abused by the delivery drivers that are completely out of our control.

The claims process would have been much more straight forward if the package was inspected at delivery and rejected as it is usually very difficult to be paid on claims after the damage waiver is signed.

Regardless we have stepped up for the customer and took the burden and risk of loss on this claim and decided to offer the customer a new replacement unit. The reason the hood was not shipped right away is due to the fact that our hoods are on back order and we have been waiting for the next production unit to be completed to send to the customer.

As of today I was notified by my production manager that the hood will be completed on Monday and we will be shipping the hood to you that afternoon.

We have also taken the liberty to upgrade the hood to a double sided dry carbon fiber hood as a customer courtesy and are fully covering the shipping charges of $170 to Texas.

Please understand that we are absolutely here for our customers and dealers and we fully stand behind the quality of the products that Vorsteiner produces.

If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your patience and have a wonderful weekend.

Best Regards,

[email protected]

Reactions: BD 997

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Now that's what i'm talkin' about:applause:...thanks Vorsteiner for stepping up:cheers:
I just want to make a few points of clarification here since there seems to be quite a bit of miscommunication.

After being alerted to this post by one of our dealers I looked into this matter and it seems that the hood was severly damaged during shipping by the freight company Pilot. This is very unfortunate as we do have less than 1% damage rate and there are times packages are blatantly mishandled and abused by the delivery drivers that are completely out of our control.

The claims process would have been much more straight forward if the package was inspected at delivery and rejected as it is usually very difficult to be paid on claims after the damage waiver is signed.

Regardless we have stepped up for the customer and took the burden and risk of loss on this claim and decided to offer the customer a new replacement unit. The reason the hood was not shipped right away is due to the fact that our hoods are on back order and we have been waiting for the next production unit to be completed to send to the customer.

As of today I was notified by my production manager that the hood will be completed on Monday and we will be shipping the hood to you that afternoon.

We have also taken the liberty to upgrade the hood to a double sided dry carbon fiber hood as a customer courtesy and are fully covering the shipping charges of $170 to Texas.

Please understand that we are absolutely here for our customers and dealers and we fully stand behind the quality of the products that Vorsteiner produces.

If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your patience and have a wonderful weekend.

Best Regards,

[email protected]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts