BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
161 - 180 of 194 Posts
Heard from Jim 6 weeks ago asking for my address to ship my DCT back, said it would be within a few weeks but nothing yet.

I highly urge that anyone considering making a purchase with @jcolley at Fast Attack Motorsports, whether it's for S85/S65 parts or the FAMS tune, not purchase anything from him.. at least not until he can prove he's got his **** together.

I placed an order with him mid-December for S85 rod bearings, ARP rod bolts, oil pump chain tensioner, and rod bearing parts swap kit. He's never answered his phone... ever.. and it seems it now just goes straight to voicemail. The only instances of communication I've received from Jim were: an email he answered the same day of purchase and a PM he happened to answer about 4 weeks ago, stating my order would be shipping the following week. Other than that, no answer to the multiple emails I've sent looking for an update both before and after that PM, and no answers form his phone.

All I can say is WTF. I didn't expect this type of behavior from someone so highly regarded on this forum. There is ZERO excuse for it. I don't care if your grandma died.. there's no excuse for it. These aren't low dollar items you wouldn't care about if you happened to get screwed. If you have personal issues and you can't fulfill your duties as a business owner, someone else should be there to do it, but the very least amount of courtesy would be to put out a statement that you're having issues.

As a business owner, there is absolutely no excuse for refusing to communicate. If you want to destroy your reputation and your business, the best way to do that would be to take your customers' money, not be able to fulfill their order, and then refuse to communicate with them about it. Nothing will piss off a customer more than lack of communication.

I'm your customer @jcolley. I'm not some f'ing bank you took a $1000 loan from. Reach out to me so we can sort this out, please.

Screenshots below. And yes, I've posted this discussion in a couple parts of this forum because I want it to be seen.

View attachment 935147

View attachment 935148

View attachment 935149

View attachment 935150

View attachment 935151
I highly urge that anyone considering making a purchase with @jcolley at Fast Attack Motorsports, whether it's for S85/S65 parts or the FAMS tune, not purchase anything from him.. at least not until he can prove he's got his **** together.

I placed an order with him mid-December for S85 rod bearings, ARP rod bolts, oil pump chain tensioner, and rod bearing parts swap kit. He's never answered his phone... ever.. and it seems it now just goes straight to voicemail. The only instances of communication I've received from Jim were: an email he answered the same day of purchase and a PM he happened to answer about 4 weeks ago, stating my order would be shipping the following week. Other than that, no answer to the multiple emails I've sent looking for an update both before and after that PM, and no answers form his phone.

All I can say is WTF. I didn't expect this type of behavior from someone so highly regarded on this forum. There is ZERO excuse for it. I don't care if your grandma died.. there's no excuse for it. These aren't low dollar items you wouldn't care about if you happened to get screwed. If you have personal issues and you can't fulfill your duties as a business owner, someone else should be there to do it, but the very least amount of courtesy would be to put out a statement that you're having issues.

As a business owner, there is absolutely no excuse for refusing to communicate. If you want to destroy your reputation and your business, the best way to do that would be to take your customers' money, not be able to fulfill their order, and then refuse to communicate with them about it. Nothing will piss off a customer more than lack of communication.

I'm your customer @jcolley. I'm not some f'ing bank you took a $1000 loan from. Reach out to me so we can sort this out, please.

Screenshots below. And yes, I've posted this discussion in a couple parts of this forum because I want it to be seen.

View attachment 935147

View attachment 935148

View attachment 935149

View attachment 935150

View attachment 935151
I’ll tell you I’m scared as hell now too. There is no customer service for that company and I’m starting to regret going in that direction idc how good of a tune it might be. I waited a whole week for a cable lmao and sent in my original ecu data for a stock car and I need to wait for a custom tune? For a stock car? No one has reached out to me even though I have emailed. I should’ve just went with evolve or someone that has customer service. All I get are generic responses such as nak91 said day of purchase and that’s it. None after. Phone doesn’t get picked up. Idk what I got myself into I should’ve listened to this review.

Not one to write a review without waiting first but man it feels like someone straight up stole $650 bucks when you get no answer. I thought I might’ve been getting a tablet or something for that price that holds 3 tunes that was on the website. He should post wait times for items such as a tune. In my field of work in surgery we look at cost a lot but if customer service is not there we will always pay way more money for an item that has great customer service to back it up.

Discussion starter · #169 ·
Not one to write a review without waiting first but man it feels like someone straight up stole $650 bucks when you get no answer. I thought I might’ve been getting a tablet or something for that price that holds 3 tunes that was on the website. He should post wait times for items such as a tune. In my field of work in surgery we look at cost a lot but if customer service is not there we will always pay way more money for an item that has great customer service to back it up.
All I can say is figure out when is the latest date that you are able to file a claim with your credit card company or your bank and don't wait past that date for delivery of the product or services. Maybe he'll pull through, maybe he won't. Just don't wait past that date for it. Otherwise it will be much more difficult to get your money back.

Hope it works out for you, with all of the "issues" coming to light I ended up going with BPM sport and have no complaints. Lots of options and quick replies to questions. They even did a discount just for asking. I have nothing bad to say about the process through them.

Discussion starter · #171 ·
Hope it works out for you, with all of the "issues" coming to light I ended up going with BPM sport and have no complaints. Lots of options and quick replies to questions. They even did a discount just for asking. I have nothing bad to say about the process through them.
Do they have a tune for the SMG, out of curiosity?

The problem is fams smg shifting works well at part throttle and dsc or m mode on

Dsc off and wot even d1 or s1 is sooo damn ubrupt!
Its not sorted enough!
Apparently i was the only one to notice

All I can say is figure out when is the latest date that you are able to file a claim with your credit card company or your bank and don't wait past that date for delivery of the product or services. Maybe he'll pull through, maybe he won't. Just don't wait past that date for it. Otherwise it will be much more difficult to get your money back.
So he reached out to me and sent my tune ASAP yesterday. Idk if he read the post or just did it on his own so I should be good to go now.

161 - 180 of 194 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.