BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Errr... that's how his tune works. You have to read your car with the cable then send him the file you read and he'll send an updated file back.

No sir. I've bought a tab, not a cable. Other tuning companies use this way, Jim sells tabs as part of his tune deal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I flashed mine in like November for the first time using the cable and it worked fine. A few weeks ago I tried to use it and it didnt work because the software I had downloaded had expired and the link on the FAMS website for the iflash software was old. In one of the other threads I think someone mentioned having the same issue and contacting Jim and being told that he had forgotten to update it and had done so. I havent tried to re-download it yet but if you downloaded the program then the link expired you'll have to go re-download I-flash to get it to connect to the car. I dont know that this is actually what's happening in your case but that was the most recent issue I've had connecting to my car with the cable.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I flashed mine in like November for the first time using the cable and it worked fine. A few weeks ago I tried to use it and it didnt work because the software I had downloaded had expired and the link on the FAMS website for the iflash software was old. In one of the other threads I think someone mentioned having the same issue and contacting Jim and being told that he had forgotten to update it and had done so. I havent tried to re-download it yet but if you downloaded the program then the link expired you'll have to go re-download I-flash to get it to connect to the car. I dont know that this is actually what's happening in your case but that was the most recent issue I've had connecting to my car with the cable.
That was me. The link/software was updated when I tried it last month. Should be good still.

I received an email from Jim that he's gonna get it done soon, so hopefully he follows through.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
485 Posts
UPDATE FOR EVERYONE

Waited for my headers for over 3 month. Last week as soon as this thread went live I contacted JIM via numerous emails with asking on the status on my headers, when will be shipped etccc
After 3 emails and no response I sent JIM this thread and said please dont waist my time and tell me whats going on and if I should chargeback my credit card. In 20 min JIM sent me this : “ I dont know whats going on atm, sent you money back on paypal”
So refund status pending. Here is what I got today lmao. Echeck has been declined by the bank lol
Now it is time to call my credit card.
3 month waisted and 2800$ on hold for 3 month. Unreal.
And i missed a great deal on evolve R decat headers for 450$. I was like I got headers, why do I need those. FML

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
UPDATE FOR EVERYONE

Waited for my headers for over 3 month. Last week as soon as this thread went live I contacted JIM via numerous emails with asking on the status on my headers, when will be shipped etccc
After 3 emails and no response I sent JIM this thread and said please dont waist my time and tell me whats going on and if I should chargeback my credit card. In 20 min JIM sent me this : “ I dont know whats going on atm, sent you money back on paypal”
So refund status pending. Here is what I got today lmao. Echeck has been declined by the bank lol
Now it is time to call my credit card.
3 month waisted and 2800$ on hold for 3 month. Unreal.
And i missed a great deal on evolve R decat headers for 450$. I was like I got headers, why do I need those. FML
That's not good. Hope he resolves all these issues.

Look into RMS headers. I picked one up and it looks great. Haven't put em on yet waiting for the tune, but very good turnaround time and communication.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
I should have ordered my SMG wire harness a year ago....

So we heard about the other M5/S85 guys that have lost out, I wonder how many E92/S65 guys are out? There are alot more of them so I just don't see this being good for anyone since it seems like this has turned out to be a ponzi scheme.

·
Registered
17 Posts
All I can say is that in fact he is working stuff out, and he's helping me out getting the stuff working as well.

I turned negative too quickly, should've gave him some more slack. Yes, he's got some improvements to make. Yes, we don't know the exact stories on all builds and sales, but to me it seems now like he is in fact working stuff out and putting effort in it

·
1,952 Posts
All I can say is that in fact he is working stuff out, and he's helping me out getting the stuff working as well.

I turned negative too quickly, should've gave him some more slack. Yes, he's got some improvements to make. Yes, we don't know the exact stories on all builds and sales, but to me it seems now like he is in fact working stuff out and putting effort in it
That's my impression as well. Hint: for those of us who missed on getting his tune just ask nicely. Worst that can happen is he'll say no / won't reply.

One of the moderators will probably delete my post anyway
Why?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Jim has some problems he need to sort out with customers. FAMS needs to maintain contact with customer they owe parts to. That said, the forum dog piling needs to stop. That guy has spent 11 years helping people on here with car issues. Jim is probably the best information resource on these platforms that I have seen. I have asked him numerous questions and he has always gone out of his way to help me- and I am pretty sharp on motor rebuilds, engine management and tuning on various platforms. People showing up on this thread to comment without a current order is flat out sorry- especially if they have ran their business in ways that makes Jim look like a saint. People sometimes get into financial crunches, so do Fortune 500 companies. Burying the guy won't help and he may be the help you need one day.

I emailed Jim to see what he had available to sell me- I figured he could use my money to help get him out of the jam he's in. He's helped me before and now I can return the favor. I hope Jim gets his current orders sorted out with the guys waiting on parts and I hope they continue to give him some additional time to sort through the issues without additional issues like chargebacks and threats of litigation. You want guys like him around if you own an S85.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Jim has some problems he need to sort out with customers. FAMS needs to maintain contact with customer they owe parts to. That said, the forum dog piling needs to stop. That guy has spent 11 years helping people on here with car issues. Jim is probably the best information resource on these platforms that I have seen. I have asked him numerous questions and he has always gone out of his way to help me- and I am pretty sharp on motor rebuilds, engine management and tuning on various platforms. People showing up on this thread to comment without a current order is flat out sorry- especially if they have ran their business in ways that makes Jim look like a saint. People sometimes get into financial crunches, so do Fortune 500 companies. Burying the guy won't help and he may be the help you need one day.

I emailed Jim to see what he had available to sell me- I figured he could use my money to help get him out of the jam he's in. He's helped me before and now I can return the favor. I hope Jim gets his current orders sorted out with the guys waiting on parts and I hope they continue to give him some additional time to sort through the issues without additional issues like chargebacks and threats of litigation. You want guys like him around if you own an S85.
Couldnt have been said better!

·
Registered
17 Posts

AMEN!

121 - 140 of 166 Posts