BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 194 Posts
Wow this is really eye opening and appalling. Thanks to the OP, Troy, and dyang9000 (+others) for actually sharing their experiences since I'm sure only a fraction of us knew that so many people been left hung out to dry. I agree that Jim has historically been an asset to this community and others, but it's simply bad business to promise goods and services, and not communicate or deliver. I know entrepreneurs can find it hard to meet the demands of a growing business but Jim should really stick to the custom stuff that he seems to do well and not bother with being a reseller for other products (BMW and BE bearing stuff).

Fortunately for me I had a different experience with Jim.

I ordered the tune and got it on time (like 1.5 years ago)

Then I ordered the rod bearing set (Jan 2019) with a few other things and informed Jim that I needed it shipped asap due to my shipping partner was shipping out my stuff in a week and I received it on time as well.

I agree open communication is key with your clients to keep them informed on what is going on and delivering what you promise to deliver.

I know your frustrations dyang9000, I had money held up also for extended periods and no communication from the keepers. I'm glad that you will get your refund.
Jim will come to your post, and he will formally make this right. This is the kind of person he is, and when this type of individual is in trouble, he doesn't know how to deal with it.
I think Jim has a wife and kids and bills just like any one of us, and perhaps he doesn't know how to be a good business person. A lot of people that are good at heart are not so good at business. Usually you have arrogant, aggressive malicious types that are very successful at business - Usually. Not always, but Usually.
Jim helped me when I first got into the s85 platform, for free. Yes I purchased parts from him to support him. But he didn't have to call me and walk me through some of the troubleshooting steps when I had issues with my car. This is the part that would cost the most $, but that was free.
He is a good person and I know he will come clean with you and with all the members of this forum and of this platform.
Perhaps he is working off shore again to regain some money, I think he was doing that before starting up the business.

Again I know this doesn't mean much to you and the others who have been on the hook, but there will be a time when Jim comes clean.

if Jim is going to be gone all the time with no communication maybe he can post on his Instagram or Facebook page or something by giving a time frame when he will be back and if he is over seas why won’t he make a WhatsApp account? It’s not that hard. But the fact that this person has poor customer service skills will not lead him to his success....

For example he said last Thursday he will send my smg wire harness out, and my shop is trying to figure out what is going on, and I'm just begging at this point and asking for Mercy, I mean even on his own page he says 3-5 business days, we are almost at week 3. I swear even if he just communicates something small like "hey still working on it, or hey I'm delayed a little or hey I will be out of town, or hey it's taking longer (with an explanation) 100% his customers would be happier for the fact that he reaches out and communicates. I'm not wishing anything bad, however communication is 100% key

I was also told a week or two ago that Jim was overseas and couldn't be reached easily. I had sent an email through FAMS website and someone replied. No good\bad experiences from me just FYI.

**** man
I hope mine will fit.
Jim got mine to fit, but said it was every bit of a 12 hour job in total. Told me at the time it was the last set he would ever install, haha.

Reactions: specialized2010
I am picking up my 2006 m5 6.0 beginning of March, perhaps end of February
Nice! How long did it take and did you drive it there? I almost pulled the trigger for the 5.5 but ultimately I have to pull back and went with a conventional rod bearing job on mine. I needed some work done at my house. Troy even gave me a great offer for my core exchange. Maybe in a couple of years I will make that trip and drop it off at his shop..

How long ago was that? Lol
This was at the beginning of October last year.

Wow, you shipped your car to his shop?
I trailered my car up to Jim's shop to be a part of his DCT conversion testing. At the same time I scheduled bearings, vanos lines, headers, and some other miscellaneous work. The DCT project fell through and it turned into an SMG overhaul.

Still waiting to pick the car up now.

I trailered my car up to Jim's shop to be a part of his DCT conversion testing. At the same time I scheduled bearings, vanos lines, headers, and some other miscellaneous work. The DCT project fell through and it turned into an SMG overhaul.

Awesome.. hope it gets done soon!

I would go there right now to put eyes on your car,

I have a bad feeling whenever communications stop abruptly based on past experiences with other vendors or customers

61 - 80 of 194 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.