BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys..Sometimes when i start up my M6 the display comes on with no data/no time and i cannot get the radio/cd/sat to work.

Then all of a sudden for no reason it comes on !!!

The only warning symbol on the dash is a SOSphone with line thru it ????

Does anyone know what I'm talking about..Thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi Guys..Sometimes when i start up my M6 the display comes on with no data/no time and i cannot get the radio/cd/sat to work.

Then all of a sudden for no reason it comes on !!!

The only warning symbol on the dash is a SOSphone with line thru it ????

Does anyone know what I'm talking about..Thanks
What year is the car?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I believe the culprit is the bluetooth connection between your phone and the car. try turning off bluetooth capabilities from your phone, then restart the car.

alternatively, you can reset the idrive by holding the volume+both eject buttons down.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would say take a look at your battery condition and or alternator. IF this occurs after sitting for a while, get the car on a trickle charger (Battery Tender is what I use for my lesser driven cars) to keep the battery charged and up. When the voltage gets down on these cars all sorts of things shut down and or act up. a 2006 probably (may) need a new battery just based on age at this point. Once you get it keep it conditioned with a Battery tender unless it is a daily driver.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The SOS warning indicates a problem with the MOST bus. It's the fiber optic system that controls your audio. One of the modules is failing. Most likely the telematics unit (TCU) but can't say for certain. You need to get the fault codes read.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts