BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my disks and pads done today both front and back, including the hand brake shoes, through a dealer, all for the sum of £900

How do I feel? Sick, thats how...

After running in, I'll let you know if there is any improvement. Certainly just now she seems to require less pressure for the same braking, just under normal driving though, most probably this is due to the pistons having to travel less.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
What's that, £300 labour? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I wish I could charge people £300 for one hour's work.

I cincerely hope it included a full fluid change too, and that they valeted the car afterwards...

·
Registered
756 Posts
f&$£ me m8 you have too much moneyouich i did the same to mine today,original parts from gsf,cost a grand total of 70 quid,thats a h0rrific amount to be charged for brakes:nono: feel for you

·
Registered
707 Posts
jonsmiff said:
f&$£ me m8 you have too much moneyouich i did the same to mine today,original parts from gsf,cost a grand total of 70 quid,thats a h0rrific amount to be charged for brakes:nono: feel for you
How d'you manage to do front disks, front pads, rear disks, rear pads and handbrake shoes for 70 quid??!!

I'd pay you £400 to supply and fit all that lot to mine! You could make a fortune!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I will gladly pay £70 for a set of rear pads only and I'll do the work myself.

Anyone got a good source for rear pads for a '95 model. The Textar pads from a stealer are Part No. 34 212 227 325 at £116.

There must be a better deal (and maybe a better pad) than that I hope.
cherrsagai
Brian

·
Registered
707 Posts
Brian M5 said:

Anyone got a good source for rear pads for a '95 model. The Textar pads from a stealer are Part No. 34 212 227 325 at £116.

cherrsagai
Brian
Try Alan Brown at www.questmead.co.uk - main Mintex competition pad distributor (as well as AP brakes, PIAA, Silkolene, etc etc)

Mention my name. You might have to take your pads out, draw around them and fax them to him so he can identify what you need, but he's a good bloke - and cheap too!

·
Registered
970 Posts
I just checked on www.eurocarparts.com and the Textar pads are £41. If you check the part number on www.realoem.com you will see that they are the same brake components for the 850csi. Bit of a saving hey!

Brian M5 said:

cherrsagai
Brian

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello all,

I got my last set of Nurburgring front brake pads from the factor, but can´t now remember if it was GSF or Euro. Identical Textar part; I posted part number and price on here at the time - can you search for posts by author? I remember they had to get them in for me but it was still a good bit cheaper!

Phil - please let me know if you can get the 345 disks cheaper - mine are on minimum thickness and were going to get done this month, until I shredded another tyre (using PZero Assimetricos incindentally) and had to buy a tax disc. Have to be next month now!

Cheers,

Dom.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Dom, I got the 345s and pads plus sensor for under £250 from Steve Edwards at William Jacks BMW Sunningdale, tel: 01344 630 420. Mention Brian (me!) and the M5 Board.

Another_Dom said:
Hello all,

I got my last set of Nurburgring front brake pads from the factor, but can´t now remember if it was GSF or Euro. Identical Textar part; I posted part number and price on here at the time - can you search for posts by author? I remember they had to get them in for me but it was still a good bit cheaper!

Phil - please let me know if you can get the 345 disks cheaper - mine are on minimum thickness and were going to get done this month, until I shredded another tyre (using PZero Assimetricos incindentally) and had to buy a tax disc. Have to be next month now!

Cheers,

Dom.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks Guys

The text on the Eurocarparts site stating that this pad was for 850's only threw me when I checked it out.

However it has been confirmed by them so they have an order and I can keep £60. Sounds like a deal.

Rob
Sounds like you are running Mintex pads. Did you notice any improvement over the Textar.

cherrsagai

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Phlem5 said:
That is a sore one, £900, but incase you forgot -
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57588

Cheers,
Phil.
Didn't forget mate, time sort of caught up with me. Was supposed to be selling my Capri too, so didn't really have time to get the parts and do myself.

I assume though, your price is for the pair, as my invoice shows them to be priced at £116 each.

Matters not, its done now, just another receipt that will hopefully be of interest to any potential buyer, especially with the A/C work that will be getting carried out next week or so.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks to both Phil (PM) and Brian for the disc information. That's my next little job sorted.

Way off topic, but for anyone that remembers I was fitting the Racing Dynamics strut brace and adjustable sway (anti-roll) bars when I last posted. Big difference; the beast can now be placed very accurately and carries more speed through the corners. Unfortunately it is now even easier to get it out of line if you mess up!

Cheers,

Dom.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts