BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently a Discount Tire opened by my house. I had a small front wheel balance issue on my beast, both front wheels were .5 oz off. I watched them work on my car, very careful, cleaned the inside of my front wheels mating surface with the spacers and torqued the lug bolts in the proper sequence with a torque wrench. After all this was done, my front wheels rebalance was FREE :applause:. This guys definitely won my business and I will return to them when I need tires. Also co workers told me that they also have repaired tires for them with plug patches for free. Great customer service.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yes, I had my local Discount Tire diagnose a slow leak and they found a bad seal around the bead. They fixed it for free, and I decided to give them my business in the future on my other car. When I did take my other car to them for new tires, I was disappointed that they put on the hard sell (or up-sell) on trying to get me to buy a more expensive tire than I had already picked out. Also, their labor charge for new tire install was much higher than I had paid at other outlets. So, while they do fix leaks/flats for free, they make it up on their regular services.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've had good experience with most Discount Tire...but it is not consistent like all the chain stores...

I take mine only to a custom wheel locale now...

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Where I live it's called Americas tire but of course it's the same company.

I found that it's very specific to which store you go to. There are two within 5 min of my house and they are only 2 blocks away from each other yet I only go to the one. Always great service.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The locations are hit or miss. I took my WRX to one, watched them try to ram it up a lift, rip off my front lip, and then deny it to my face. Even the manager tried to tell me it was like that when I brought it in. I watched the guy do it with my own eyes through their window into the shop. I now buy the tires online and use a newer DT for installation. I will never forget.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Like a few have mentioned above it varies from each location. Down here in the south there is a ton of them everywhere! I have had good experience with them on my other cars and when I request to use a hand jack to lift the car due to the cars being low they are more than willing to. When it comes to HREs on my M5 though I handle all that by myself including removing and remounting the wheels that way I can only blame myself it something happens. I only have the guys I know personally mount and balance tires. For the past couple of years I've bought my tires exclusively through TireRack.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I live in Atlanta and took my beast there for some new rear tires. Its new rear tires, what could go wrong? Well while swapping the tires, they scratched the paint (with whatever tools they were using ) so bad to the point air was leaking around the where the tire met the lip. After a few trips back and forth, I ended up going through about 4 tires before they could figure out what the problem was. And then wouldn't support the fact that they damaged the wheels. Ultimately, i had to have the wheels repainted and reinstalled to correct the issue. Also damaged another set of AG's on my friends car. Needless to say, i will not be doing any type of business with them in the future.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I agree it varies from location to location. Some have techs straight out of school while others have more seasoned staff. Although the newbies seem to be more careful in my experience.

·
Registered
386 Posts
They are great, hook me up every year with free snow tire rim mounts and have great prices. Only tire dealer I spend money with. Been loyal to them for about 10 years and never had a problem. They also fix flats for free.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts