BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ouich Maybe a dumb question but I am going to install an ice link plus for my Ipod and was wondering what will happen when I disconnect the battery. Will I need a radio code? I didn't see that there was one in the owners manual or nav,radio booklets. Anything I should be aware of?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
If yours is the same as mine (MY 2000), all electronics should be fine, and no codes needed.

When you reconnect the battery, make sure you get the clamps down all the way on the battery poles. The poles are slightly conical, and unless all of the clamp is well down on the pole, the clamp will start creeping upwards when you tighten the nut and screw. this in turn, after some weeks, will give a bad battery connection.

(This is what happened to my car, a few months after I bought it. Probably the dealer stored it with the battery disconnected, and they did not reconnect it correctly.)

David

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
You will lose the memory for the OBC, but it should retain your radio station and DSP settings. No radio code needed.

Please let us know if your install is successful. I couldn't get mine to work at all and I'm not alone. There is another thread on this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need4Spd said:
You will lose the memory for the OBC, but it should retain your radio station and DSP settings. No radio code needed.

Please let us know if your install is successful. I couldn't get mine to work at all and I'm not alone. There is another thread on this.
I seem to having the same issues with the Icelink install. Cd changer with 3pin and coax only w/DSP "kit". I have a no audio no song listed but have control of the ipod via the steering wheel and Radio/Nav. I just checked to make sure the analog RCA's that go into the DAC were passing audio and although they were it was weak and I think a out of phase. I am going to call them today I will update the thread for the Ipod/Icelink install

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
centom5 said:
I seem to having the same issues with the Icelink install. Cd changer with 3pin and coax only w/DSP "kit". I have a no audio no song listed but have control of the ipod via the steering wheel and Radio/Nav. I just checked to make sure the analog RCA's that go into the DAC were passing audio and although they were it was weak and I think a out of phase. I am going to call them today I will update the thread for the Ipod/Icelink install
Ah Success! I was disconnecting the wrong coax. You have to really remove the nav player to get to it. I updated for the id text and it works! COOL!hiha

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Ah Success! I was disconnecting the wrong coax. You have to really remove the nav player to get to it. I updated for the id text and it works! COOL!
What? There's more than one? I unplugged the one closest to you (closest to the middle of the car) on what looks like the amp. Is there another? Where does it plug in?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts