BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out an ebau auction and it just vanished.

poof, now "Invalid item"

It was for a buy it now for an M5 rear rim- purporterdly new. He had 5 to sell... anyone else checking this out?

item number: 7981397271
OEM Rear E39 Bmw M5 wheel style 65 18x9.5"

Checking this sellers feedback, it seems like there were 3 sales in 2001, then nothing until june when 50 more feedbacks were acquired by purchases of 1 cent to 1 dollar...

Was this a scam?

A

·
Registered
213 Posts
ard said:
I was checking out an ebau auction and it just vanished.

poof, now "Invalid item"

It was for a buy it now for an M5 rear rim- purporterdly new. He had 5 to sell... anyone else checking this out?

item number: 7981397271
OEM Rear E39 Bmw M5 wheel style 65 18x9.5"

Checking this sellers feedback, it seems like there were 3 sales in 2001, then nothing until june when 50 more feedbacks were acquired by purchases of 1 cent to 1 dollar...

Was this a scam?

A
Sounds like one to me... account could have been hijacked... ebay probably pulled it after complaints?

-Steve

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rampage said:
Sounds like one to me... account could have been hijacked... ebay probably pulled it after complaints?

-Steve
What's wierd was that there were no transactions yet that might have gone bad... ebay usually reacts, but in this case it looks like they might have caught it before it burned anyone. No complaints yet for bad deals.

Perhaps someone recognized their own picture of wheels had been hijacked? I'd reported 4 or 5 deals on ebay and yahoo where M5s were being 'sold' using pictures stolen from 'real owners'. WHen I was shopping and receiving pics on some cars, you'd once in a while see a car pop up on a site. Knowing the owner, I'd contact them. Once car in particular showed up a lot.

I posted so folks might be warned- if you look at the one other deal he completed (other than 1 cent deals) he sold wheels to another person. Unfortunately that other person has the same kind of feedback- all items for pennies with no shipping. A feedback scam.... maybe the same person?

Maybe the moron was using the same email for both? or the same IP?

Caveat Emptor.

Credit card, paypal with credit card (make sure your linked bank account has $10 or less in it so paypal can't reverse and take your money), or cash on inspection... even COD you can get burned if they ship garbage.

A

1 - 3 of 3 Posts