BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I called BMW of Boston and asked the service department how to much they charge for updating my car's software so I can manually disable all traction assist, or MDM whatever they call it.

BMW said it might be an option of some European vehicles, or some hack, they had no clue.

If anyone did it in MA, where did you do it ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
You are speaking about an MT car? I think they released the MT M5's in late 2007 in the USA which had no option to shut off the traction control completely like an SMG car. At some point, they did have a software update for the USA cars. I am not sure when. I'm sure others on the board will know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,799 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
I know a guy. It's a simple coding process, so you use NCSExpert to add $DOFF into the FA in both the CAS and LM. Then recode the DSC to default codings in accordance with the FA.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I know a guy. It's a simple coding process, so you use NCSExpert to add $DOFF into the FA in both the CAS and LM. Then recode the DSC to default codings in accordance with the FA.
^This
@torque The TSB was attached in my link. Also, the dealers are clueless. As a last resort, you should be able to show them that TSB and have them code it for you. With that said, if they don't even know how read the TSB, I wouldn't give the dealer my money.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Give Turner a try if you haven't already. Brian is very knowledgeable and very nice. I would be surprised if they couldn't do it for you, but at the very least I think they'd be able to point you to someone who can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts