BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been successful in coding a few things with ncs- windows remote up, drl disable etc - but I cannot seem to crack the code on the lcm check of my parking lamps and license plate lights after headlight and led bulb upgrade. I am starting to worry the drivers in front of me might start pulling over when I strobe.

I know navcoder will do this lickity split BUT Does anyone know the specific option they changed to do this in NCSExpert?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've done this!
Unfortunately, the files are on my laptop at work. I'll have to get them on monday unless anyone else can help before then

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
NCSexpert and NavCoder will both accomplish this on LCM3 and LCM4.

I have experience doing so with both programs E39 and E53.

if you're using NCS by modifying FSW_PSW files, it helps to have a translator, or use Revtor's NCSdummy that has an integrated german-to-english translator.

i don't remember the code off the top of my head, if i'm not too space-brained, i'll try and get back to this thread.

·
Registered
169 Posts
only from 03.2002 lcm has Codierindex .c20 wich has KALTUEBERWACHUNG_KZL(COLD MONITORING LICENSE PLATE LIGHTS) nicht_aktiv(not active) aktiv(active).

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have changed on mine (LCM-C18)

FEHLER_KENNZ_LICHT
melden -> nicht_melden
(don't report licence plate light failure)

For Sidelights I would change the following:
FEHLER_STANDLICHT
nicht_melden
STANDLICHT_PRUEF
nicht_aktiv

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Does disabling the licence plate check stop the parking lights from being cold monitored? I've tried all sorts to stop my LED angel eyes from flashing due to the cold monitor pulse but have not succeeded.

·
Registered
279 Posts
This I don't know, I tend to drive with sidelights on all the time anyway.
Perhaps I will check at lunchtime

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Does disabling the licence plate check stop the parking lights from being cold monitored? I've tried all sorts to stop my LED angel eyes from flashing due to the cold monitor pulse but have not succeeded.

I'm not positive, but, I'm pretty sure it does. Based on the capacitors and weird add-ons i've seen with LED AE kits, they tend to do very odd things when the LCM sends the cold-check pulse of current through the system...

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
alright gents - going back into the darkness this afternoon - I will give an update tonight

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spend a few hours on this today - I will attempt to provide what I found - it's not good news for me BTW. Keep in mind folks that I am not trying to disable the warning (I get no warning) I am only trying to disable to cold-check function for the Parking and License Plate.

you need LCM 4 to do this trick, and you have LCM 3, get it from e53 x5.
NavCoder will not do this on the E39. I believe rOOkie is correct, you need the later LCM.
I believe these are true statements - I am running LCM 3 (lcm-C18) and there is not an option to disable the cold-check for the License Plate lamps (KALTUEBERWACHUNG_KZL), But, oddly enough, the GT module DOES have the option embedded BUT NCS spits out a "incorrect coder index" error when pulling the trace. Also - I do not see the option in NAVCODER to disable Parking Lamp OR License Plate Lamps so I am assuming that this would not work either since it too will be coding the same LCM. Looks like I'll be searching for a new LCM.

FEHLER_KENNZ_LICHT
melden -> nicht_melden

FEHLER_STANDLICHT
nicht_melden
STANDLICHT_PRUEF
nicht_aktiv
Tried all of these (at the same time and individually) and no workie. . .it will only disable to WARNING announcement

Does disabling the licence plate check stop the parking lights from being cold monitored?. . .
Based on my experience today - the answer to this is a resounding NO!

There is an option to disable the Parking Lamps completely - but that seems a little stupid :)

I COULD wire the AE's as DRLs via Timmay's instructions (which I think I will do) and disable the Parking Lamp Check warning (FEHLER_STANDLICHT and STANDLICHT_PRUEF) but I would still have the License Plate blinkage. . .

If anyone has additional insight please do share!
:byebye:

·
Registered
169 Posts
NCSexpert and NavCoder will both accomplish this on LCM3 and LCM4.

I have experience doing so with both programs E39 and E53.

if you're using NCS by modifying FSW_PSW files, it helps to have a translator, or use Revtor's NCSdummy that has an integrated german-to-english translator.

i don't remember the code off the top of my head, if i'm not too space-brained, i'll try and get back to this thread.

FEHLER_KENNZ_LICHT
melden -> nicht_melden

FEHLER_STANDLICHT
nicht_melden
STANDLICHT_PRUEF
nicht_aktiv
I'm not positive, but, I'm pretty sure it does. Based on the capacitors and weird add-ons i've seen with LED AE kits, they tend to do very odd things when the LCM sends the cold-check pulse of current through the system...
I've done it on mine? Works fine with NCS expert. I've not changed LCM either.
you guys better learn to read carefully but not to tell tales...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts