BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know how to turn off the blind spot radar?
Which fuse supplies the radar emitters? Does the fuse supply any thing else?
If I pull the connectors to the radar emitters does it generate an error code?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
On my 2014 F10 CP there is a row of buttons to the left of the steering column that allows you to turn off blind spot protection, lane departure, etc.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turning off the blind spot detection on the dashboard turns off the warnings but the radar emitters are still active.
They still trigger radar detectors within in the car and surrounding cars.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
FWIW, it doesn't trigger my radar detector on my 2014 F10 CP, with built in Beltronics system. I really have come to depend on the blind spot detection in NYC traffic.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I'm surprised that so-called 'good radar detectors' would be affected. The only radar detector I worry about is mine. This signal should be filtered out by any top shelf detector.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I'm surprised that so-called 'good radar detectors' would be affected. The only radar detector I worry about is mine. This signal should be filtered out by any top shelf detector.
This is not the case at all. The only ones that will filter it out are ones that have the software to learn/remember false alarms that you drive by daily. I have the V1, which is a pretty good detector and it pics up on this signal. In fact I didnt use it in my Audi because it has the blind spot warning system that sets off the detector constantly.

On a good note I did just recently learn that you can program the V1 to shut off or ignore that signal ( X-band ) so it can be used in a car with this type of warning system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts