BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:3: :M5launch:

Been an amazing car since I got it February, 2013! Makes me happy every day. Rocking a Rogue SSK and trans mount, Evolve headers and CAI, and JB tune. Still need to get back to LA for that dyno tune and I'll make a nice writeup about the performance mods... About time for an oil change. Need to finish up my Nexus install and headlight retrofit.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
My "1"33000 pixel burned out... So im right there with ya!... Kinda.

Your car is still a baby. :)

Reactions: AGM5

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
30,000 miles really. :eek:oohhh: I have 130,000 more on mine. :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Impressively low mileage. I was astoundingly happy last year when I bought mine with 69,000 miles.

I wonder how minty feeling your car is compared to most of ours.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The paint is more beat up than it should be for the mileage. She'll be going in soon for correction and cquartz. Batman7knight could tell you--he's driven it although is been a while. Actually he'll probably take it for another spin when we meet up in a week.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The paint is more beat up than it should be for the mileage. She'll be going in soon for correction and cquartz. Batman7knight could tell you--he's driven it although is been a while. Actually he'll probably take it for another spin when we meet up in a week.
Have you looked into OptiCoat? If so, wondering what the deciding factors were for cquartz? I've heard good things about both, and have OptiCoat on the M5 and love that it takes 5 minutes to completely dry my car with a battery powered leaf blower.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Very cool. That was me many, many years ago...(picked up with 19K miles in 2004, 88K now).

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Have you looked into OptiCoat? If so, wondering what the deciding factors were for cquartz? I've heard good things about both, and have OptiCoat on the M5 and love that it takes 5 minutes to completely dry my car with a battery powered leaf blower.
Extensively. Results have looked great although I'm a little uncomfortable with the semi-permanence of it. My detailer doors a fantastic (and expensive) job and prefers the cquartz. I realize he has more to gain from a product that needs to be redone every 2-4 years. From what I've seen the actual protection and gloss is prey much the same. Realistically though, even OptiCoat isn't permanent as it will likely still wear down from abrasion and other elements over time and once it gets to a certain point you're stuck polishing it off as opposed to just stripping CQuartz and reapplying.

·
Banned
3,793 Posts
we all hate you right now..... :) just kidding, enjoy for another many many more miles!

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Very nice! The number of low mileage beasts is dwindling!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts