BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I agree the M5 was meant for driving. It shouldn't be a garage queen that never gets dirty. I usually don't drive mine hard on dirt roads though :) After a track day, mine ends up with a lot of black crud on it and a dusty interior from the windows being open.

Years ago I took a 3000GT on a camping trip to WV. After a 10 mile dirt road and some light rain, the car was solid brown. It was a few days before I had a chance to wash it. Friends were shocked and saddend by the way the car looked.

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
Carrera2RS said:
I kindof like her after a good thrash ;) :wroom: ;)
You know, i do too... Brake dust, dirty tail pipes... Kind of how steve mcqueens's porsche looked at the end of lemans..

Plus, it hides all of the road rash!

One of the things i really like about the bmw and porsche magazines from the UK is that the car's look like they've been driven!

(although i do enjoy cleaning mine after making it dirty!) :cheers:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I agree, in a way I enjoy all the bug spots on the windshield and front end, brake dust and road grime. Ofcourse, spending an hour in the driveway thuroughly cleaning it all of is nice also.

Where are the BBS LM's?

Travis

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Carrera, is that stock suspension on your M5? It has a nice stance. The car is level and the rear looks loaded a bit. Very nice, not like a lot of the high-riding M5s or ones with a lot of rake due to modified suspensions.

M5s look good when they are slightly lowered while maintaining a level stance.

·
Registered
694 Posts
hehe, This turned into a Who-has-the-dirtyest-M5 post...

it will take me a week or so but I'll try to stop myself from washing :1:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I've said it before, but when a see a near stock M5 with some nice mods. (like Carrera2RS) or absolutely stock with a factory new gloss and the right stance, it is really impressive looking. It has a stout, aggressive look that is hard to beat.

It only takes a few wrong mods., poor paint quality (reflectivity), and faded tail lights to ruin that impression. I see so many M5s that look hardly better than a 540 or 530. Once in a while a see one in super shape with very few exterior mods. and I remember what it can be.

I saw 2 great examples last week and people were actually slowing to take a look at them as they passed it on the left on the freeway. You never ever see that kind of action for an M3 which is a dime a dozen in Los Angeles. In Los Angeles, M5s are more rare. You only see 1 a week at most. Ususally I see 1 M5 a month in Los Angeles. Actually, the frequency is less than 1 M5 a month in Los Angeles.

Anyway, when an M5 is in proper form, which most are not, it is far more striking looking from a road perspective than an M3, especially the back and side views. I find the M3 look directly from the front to be slightly more attractive. The M3s seem to look consistently good however, and the M5s vary between dull looking and super.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the comments,

I love the 18's and sold the LM's (My car came from a mate with all the goodies excluding the suspension and roll bars). Liked both actually bit nowhere to store the wheels !

I should change my car dscription !

The car was spotless 2 days before the pictures :M5thumbs: I am just looking at Black Kidneys, Active Autowerkes Grill and 10mm wheel spacers for the front, as well as the ilve bulbs :))))

Ride hieght is perfect for me ! it sits about 35mm lower than standard, and flat to slightly nose up. It prefers this to any nose down stance, feels much more balanced..... And looks better in my opinion

1 - 14 of 14 Posts