BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dirty Indianapolis Red M5 with winter wheels (M Parallell)

So, what was parked in the garage in Stockholm on it's way towards the snow testing north of Sweden. A Indianapolis Red M5 E60! Dirty but it is impossible to avoid that in Sweden this time of year. So it looks like the E60 M5 is as well an excellent winter car.

The seast have two "parallelle lines" and the M active seats. Anyone want to elaborate what options these seat s have

Also, is the German text something to have to do with "Add anti-freeze" or something?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Re: Dirty Indianapolis Red M5 with winter wheels (M Parallell)

I can live with dirty, but not with these wheels!!!
:cheers:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Realy like the black interior with silver finish :thumbsup:
kinggf

·
Registered
955 Posts
judging by the normal 5-series trunk, this should indeed be a prototype M5 doing some sort of winter testing.

but i thought the production of M5 has already started. and if that's the case, why is BMW still doing testing on the car?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Thanks for posting Gustav. I'll look into that seat issue and post my comments later.

The wheels are winter wheels so it's really a question of "function over form".

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Creates a good case for silver test mules. On the other hand they don't need to camouflage the body

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
tifosi said:
judging by the normal 5-series trunk, this should indeed be a prototype M5 doing some sort of winter testing.h
This trunk has a M5 rear spoiler attached to it. You sure this is a "normal" M5 trunk?

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The M5 have a special licenseplate frame on the rearm which this one does not have. This alos had the standard M5 spoiler on the top of the trunk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It looks nice J i like it allot :1:.. But why can’t test drivers use real winter tyres ( studded tyre) :nono:. We don’t need another test car accident

·
Registered
850 Posts
Since studed tires are illegal in Germany they couldnt drive the cars from Munich with them.

Regards/Robert

Malin said:
It looks nice J i like it allot :1:.. But why can’t test drivers use real winter tyres ( studded tyre) :nono:. We don’t need another test car accident

·
Registered
2 Posts
But they have plenty off time to change tires at some local BMW garage before going up to north off Sweden
. We have one and a half meter snow up here lovelove and tyres like that should be forbidden to use in north off Sweden

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Thanks for the pictures Gustav!

Mark, I thouoght the same thing- they're using the cupholders and worse- they left the cup?! Either they have left trash behind or (worse) there is liquid still in the cup, slowly wearing the laminated paper away, a ticking bomb waiting to drop its paylod onto the dash.......

Malin,
Thats some photo you have there! :eek:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts