BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No more sending in your ECU. We are now offering our ESS tunes with Directflash so you can flash your car from home.

M5/M6 stg1 tune: $1295
M5/M6 stg2 RPi tune: $1495

With the Directflash, you can upload updates or have tunes sent to you per your changes.

Please email or call for details.

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are the prices for hardware (device) and software (tunes)?
Yes, these prices are TUNE+Hardware so you can upload future updates yourself as well. IF you need to take your car in for major service or warranty work and you dont want the car to have the stock file, it can be sent to you for the file to be uploaded.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yes, these prices are TUNE+Hardware so you can upload future updates yourself as well. IF you need to take your car in for major service or warranty work and you dont want the car to have the stock file, it can be sent to you for the file to be uploaded.
Actually, the stock tune is automatically saved in the ESS DirectFlash when the unit is first used. You can then switch between stock and tuned as much as you want (up to 10 different tune version can be stored in unit if you require custom setups for high octane etc.)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Actually, the stock tune is automatically saved in the ESS DirectFlash when the unit is first used. You can then switch between stock and tuned as much as you want (up to 10 different tune version can be stored in unit if you require custom setups for high octane etc.)
Would this work if the car's ECU has been recently updated by BMW? Specifically, if the ECU has been locked by most recent BMW DME update?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Is this system comparable to the OE tuning "E-Z flash" unit? I.e. do you guys offer multiple maps such as valet, race gas, and stock mode?

feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] as I am very interested in purchasing this, just want to make sure of a few things. Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
If purchased will you send us software rev updates and/or updates that compliment new mods that we install?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Is this system comparable to the OE tuning "E-Z flash" unit? I.e. do you guys offer multiple maps such as valet, race gas, and stock mode?

feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] as I am very interested in purchasing this, just want to make sure of a few things. Thanks
This unit has never been released as far as I know so it is not possible for me to comment on any similarities.

Our unit can hold up to 10 maps at once + stock. You can get valet maps, race fuel maps, catless maps etc.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
this sounds really cool. so if i wanted to purchase the stage II would i also get a valet mode or higher octane map along with this price or would it be more?

·
Registered
416 Posts
this sounds really cool. so if i wanted to purchase the stage II would i also get a valet mode or higher octane map along with this price or would it be more?
Custom tuning is done on an hourly basis depending on what you want changed. Valet mode is quick so that I can include for free.

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We work with AJ for all our tunes so once I am sure he will be doing some custom tunes with the same mods as you. We'll keep you updated. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
How long does it take to upload a "tune" to the car?
What happens if the upload process is interupted? Is it simply upload again from the beginning?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Custom tuning is done on an hourly basis depending on what you want changed. Valet mode is quick so that I can include for free.

so any additional maps we would want will need to be paid for depending on the nature of the map...... for example if one wanted to get the unit + stage 1 tune + valet map + a high octane map how much would this cost?

and if we end up doing additional mods ( i.e. headers etc ) we would have to pay for the additional maps?

sorry if im cluttering the forum with all these questions; feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
How long does it take to upload a "tune" to the car?
What happens if the upload process is interupted? Is it simply upload again from the beginning?
Aprox 30 seconds.

The system is does not fail to program if correct procedure is used. If it does abort, the ECU can be programmed again to restore.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts