BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
didn't know if this was the right spot to announce this--but CT Motorport in Oakland, CA has a practically new set of Dinan rims and michelin pilot sports for sale. these wheels and tires were on a dinan Z8 and were swapped out for new BBS rims. i have seen this set and from what i could tell they were perfect and the tires looked new. you could probably negotiate a great price. i love mine!

talk to john at 510-639-0911

mark
2003 M5, white, lemans blue interior, dinan S2 (less throttle bodies), dinan rims, brembo BBK

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
Are the Dinan wheels from a Z8 the same as the ones that go on the M5? Also how much are the Dinan wheels new?

.... Nevermind just answered my own questions.

·
Registered
487 Posts
What are your opinions on the Dinan wheels? Pro's/con's. With Michelin PS and PS2's mounted on these wheels is any fender trimming or modification required?

·
10,455 Posts
SACM5 said:
What are your opinions on the Dinan wheels? Pro's/con's. With Michelin PS and PS2's mounted on these wheels is any fender trimming or modification required?
Last time I checked, PS2's didn't come in the 285-35 size needed for the rear, but I'm running dinan wheels with the original mich pilot sports and also love them. I like the look, they are pretty unique and are very light. You can feel the "lightness" when you drive. They have been sturdy in my case too, i've had them on some pretty beaten up roads with no issues. SOME m5's need their rear wheel well lip rolled, mine did not, but i think mark's did.
they weigh around 17lbs per corner, compared to 25ish lbs for a rear OE wheel (i was running 4 rears before the dinan wheels).

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i didn't need to have my fender rolled. it rubs a little up front if i hit a dip on the freeway at speed--but it has to be a fairly low dip. i am going to install the camber plates which i am told will help eliminate some of the rubbing--but again--this is only on dips or very uneven road surfaces--it never rubs otherwise.

i love the wheels. like mike said, they are so light and you do feel it in the way the car handles. very light and nimble feel to them. plus, with the wide rubber on all four corners, 275 up front and 285 in the rear, it really balances the car out and virtually eliminates understeer. i like the look too. i struggled with the look at first because i really wanted 3 pc wheels--but the dinan rims look awesome when rolling and the they show off my Brembos nicely too. i get comments on the car all the time.

when i was at CT Motorsport yesterday, i lifted a BBS RXII--man is that a heavy wheel! looks awesome--but too heavy.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Anyone buy those Dinan wheels yet?
Would he ship them to Phoenix?
Thanks

alpineblue said:
i didn't need to have my fender rolled. it rubs a little up front if i hit a dip on the freeway at speed--but it has to be a fairly low dip. i am going to install the camber plates which i am told will help eliminate some of the rubbing--but again--this is only on dips or very uneven road surfaces--it never rubs otherwise.

i love the wheels. like mike said, they are so light and you do feel it in the way the car handles. very light and nimble feel to them. plus, with the wide rubber on all four corners, 275 up front and 285 in the rear, it really balances the car out and virtually eliminates understeer. i like the look too. i struggled with the look at first because i really wanted 3 pc wheels--but the dinan rims look awesome when rolling and the they show off my Brembos nicely too. i get comments on the car all the time.

when i was at CT Motorsport yesterday, i lifted a BBS RXII--man is that a heavy wheel! looks awesome--but too heavy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I talked to John today and he said the set of wheels and tires have around 50 miles on them and the owner is asking $4000 firm

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
jpm5blu said:
I talked to John today and he said the set of wheels and tires have around 50 miles on them and the owner is asking $4000 firm

Guys, That is no bargain ! he's not doing anyone a favor at that price. Sorry................. but thumbs down at that price!

·
Registered
754 Posts
My local Dinan dealer will disoucnt the Dinan wheels & PS2's for $4,500.00
and I get the Dinan factory backed warranty.
I don't believe Dinan will warranty any "used" parts.
This guy is about $1,000 to high in my estimation.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
howler said:
My local Dinan dealer will disoucnt the Dinan wheels & PS2's for $4,500.00
and I get the Dinan factory backed warranty.
I don't believe Dinan will warranty any "used" parts.
This guy is about $1,000 to high in my estimation.

More like $1500.00 too high, especially to be considered a bargain you'd want to jump one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree, He said the guy dosent need the money and wasnt going to negotiate on the price. Told me the wheels and tires cost the guy $6K plus tax.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Recently say Dinan wheels in person, and they really are nice along with being extremely light and strong.

Doesn't BMW offer a 15% discount on all dealer (Dinan) items if your a CCA member? If so, a set of new Dinan wheels could be had for 3,400.

Travis

·
Registered
487 Posts
M5Kid said:
Recently say Dinan wheels in person, and they really are nice along with being extremely light and strong.

Doesn't BMW offer a 15% discount on all dealer (Dinan) items if your a CCA member? If so, a set of new Dinan wheels could be had for 3,400.

Travis

Yes, but then you would have to buy and mount Pilot Sports on them which woudl kick the price back up.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Yes, but then you would have to buy and mount Pilot Sports on them which woudl kick the price back up.
Yep, depending on what tires you mount, one could probably save a couple hundred dollars if they bought the used set up for sale.

Travis

·
10,455 Posts
according to the tirerack web site, PS2's do not come in the "correct" 285/35 size that dinan recommends, so either these wheels have the incorrect tire sizes or they're not ps2's.
at any rate, i'd also rather spend a couple hundred bucks more and get a brand new set. With the typical discounts that are out there, you can do better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts