BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend is picking us an 89 535i with auto tranny. 57k miles, in very nice shape. He wants to mildly upgrade the performance, it will be a daily driver. He has access to Dinan at cost. So, is there a consensus with the E34 crowd as to who has better software and if JC, then what about the rest of the Dinan line for the E34 6 cyl? Compatible with JC Shark injector? Thx
Regards,
Jerry

·
Super Moderator
10,461 Posts
Hey Jerry,
I had a dinan chip in my e34 525iT (m50) and switched to a confortti (back when jim was selling them on the bmw digest for $100!) and felt the car performed better with the JC chip. He could adjust for any other mods you had on your car at the time. I had similar experience with an early e36 318i.
Mike

·
Registered
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mottati said:
Hey Jerry,
I had a dinan chip in my e34 525iT (m50) and switched to a confortti (back when jim was selling them on the bmw digest for $100!) and felt the car performed better with the JC chip. He could adjust for any other mods you had on your car at the time. I had similar experience with an early e36 318i.
Mike
Thanks Mike, that is the kind of practical feedback I was looking for.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
133 Posts
Don't rule out an E.A.T. Ultrachip from Mark D'Sylva......he has a great reputation, is very receptive - will custom burn if you request it, and his prices are very competitive. Just an additional thought. Good luck.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I had a Jim Conforti chip on my e30 325i and almost all the guys on the e30 board swear by them.

The Dinan chip only affected the rev range above the 4500rpm mark while the Jim C remapped the whole rev range.This gave for much better "useable" performance and not just the upper limits as was the case with Dinan.

·
Registered
840 Posts
M5sedan said:
Don't rule out an E.A.T. Ultrachip from Mark D'Sylva......he has a great reputation, is very receptive - will custom burn if you request it, and his prices are very competitive. Just an additional thought. Good luck.
Another vote for Mark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts