BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dinan Cars - Stage 1 Performance Engine Software/Boost Upgrade (not for xDrive)

D900-44TB
The top of the line just moved up a notch.

This item is worth 2 point(s) towards your Dinan Badge.
Price: $3,499.00
Special Product Notes

Not applicable for xDrive. See required products.
Product Description

Propelling it up that notch is the Dinan Stage 1 Performance Engine Software. As always, Dinan matches the new car warranty coverage for up to 4 years or 50,000 miles, including the possibility of consequential damages. No one offers better performance or backs it up with such comprehensive warranty coverage.

The Dinan Performance Engine Software safely increases turbo-boost pressure from the stock 14.0 to 18.0 psi, along with properly retuned fuel mixtures, ignition timing and full map rescaling. In fact, over 2000 lines of code have been addressed, producing substantial increases in power output while maintaining the civility and reliability expected of a Dinan performance product.

Top Speed Governor Removed. With Dinan’s software, the B7 will be capable of achieving its natural top speed as the governor has been removed.

The results of Dinan’s tuning are nothing short of breathtaking, with the added boost and related recalibration producing maximum output of 573 horsepower at 5500 rpm and 644 lb-ft torque at 3500 rpm.

Note: When programmed, the pressure sensors in both intercoolers must be replaced with 2x BMW #13 62 7 585 494. Refer to TIS procedures 1362591 and 1362592. These sensors are not included with the software, and must be purchased separately from your BMW dealer.

Specifications

<table class="tableData"><tbody><tr><th>Labor Hours</th><td>1.5</td></tr><tr><th>Emission Status</th><td>This product is in compliance with U.S. EPA Memorandum 1A, or this product has not been found, nor is believed to be, unlawful for use under the provisions of the Clean Air Act. Currently: This product is legal in California only for racing vehicles, which may never be used upon a highway.</td></tr><tr><th>Max HP Gain</th><td>573 hp @ 5500 rpm</td></tr><tr><th>Max Torque Gain</th><td>644 lb/ft @ 3500 rpm</td></tr><tr><th>Peak HP</th><td>68 hp @ 6500 rpm</td></tr><tr><th>Peak Torque</th><td>100 lb-ft @ 3500 rpm</td></tr><tr><th>Required Products</th><td>Note: When the car is programmed, the pressure sensors in both intercoolers must be replaced with 2x BMW #13 62 7 585 494. Refer to TIS procedures 1362591 and 1362592. These sensors are not included with the software, and must be purchased separately from your BMW dealer.</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
733 Posts
That's something Alpina and BMW didn't expect. The 760 has lost its performance advantage in every aspect. Respect for Dinan here.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think it is awesome. The 760 will be tuned sooner or later (I think with the Rolls-Royce having the same engine there might be a market out there).

·
Registered
733 Posts
Any tuned Rolls Royce is lame in my opinion if it isn't done by a very reputable tuner. A Rolls Royce shouldn't ever be tuned as it's got plenty of power for what it's designed and used; you don't mess with perfection (though the Phantom in Californication looked great with custom wheels, but that's about as much as I can swallow). An Alpina is the same, but considering it's Dinan here, it's not that bad, though this should be something never to be tuned as well, but on the other hand this 4.4 V8 is the same as in the 50i models, the X5/6 M, so it's kinda normal someone tried to have a go.
The Alpina B7 xDrive with the Dinan tune might as well be the only car I'd ever want if I were to have around 180k Euros...I guess I'll never find out pretty soon :(.

·
Registered
669 Posts
It is great to see Dinan come out with this SW update.....especially the fact that this will keep your factory warranty intact explains the ridiculously high cost....around 3 -4X what a ECU sw update /flash cost

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wonder if this would fit the BMW ALPINA B5 BiTurbo?
Probably not because that B7 tune do not even fit the B7 with X-drive version (4wd).
it is currently strictly only for the B7 with Rear Wheel Drive.

so I imagine it won't fit the B5 since B5 had the 8 speed auto transmission which is
different than the 6 speed in the B7.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Intersting that it doesnt works for B7 Allrad. Anyone know why?

Probably not because that B7 tune do not even fit the B7 with X-drive version (4wd).
it is currently strictly only for the B7 with Rear Wheel Drive.

so I imagine it won't fit the B5 since B5 had the 8 speed auto transmission which is
different than the 6 speed in the B7.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gustav, I bet it is just Dinan being conservative and not having had chance to test it on an AWD. Dinan's tuning tends to be well tested and focused on long term reliability. In addition, maybe there are a couple of extra lines of code. As for the B5s - I bet it would work. Dinan just released its tuning software for pretty much all of the regular twin-turbo V8 models.

·
Registered
109 Posts
my b7 AWD is supposed to arrive in 1-2 weeks. I am told by my dealer that the Dinan software for the AWD version of the b7 will arrive shortly .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
When you have a brandnew B5 or B7 ,, IMO it is the last idea i would think of is to chip tune it :nono:,, they are bloody fast oem ,, and what about the ALPINA oem guaranty

different thing if you have an old B7 or B10 BT
In US, standard car warranty came from BMW of North America and not from Alpina.
If you tune the car with Dinan software,
Dinan's warranty replace the BMW of North America warranty for the Alpina B7 (for the engine).
infact, you can tune the car's software at a BMW authorized dealer which also appointed as Dinan dealer.
so no warranty problem in US.
and if someday the factory upgrade the software and the Dinan software is overwritten,
you will get a free rewrite of the Dinan software again on top of the latest factory software upgrade.
That is part of the reason why Dinan software is a bit expensive.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts