BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Dinan Throttle Bodies

63K views 288 replies 41 participants last post by  seung012 
#1 ·
OK - I searched the site looking for feed back on the dinan throttle bodies, but could not find any specific feed back.... So I am sorry if I missed something in the search, but does anyone have any feed back on them? I ordered them the other day along with the stage 2 software.. I am hoping they are an exciting addition to my current mods...

Current mods:
Exhaust - Dinan
Stage 1 Software - Dinan
Differential - Dinan
Stage 2 Suspension - Dinan
Char filters out -

On Order:
Throttle bodies - Dianan
Stage 2 software - Dianan

Also just curious if my calcs would be correct - would all of these mods including the throttle bodies bring my BHP to 544 and my torque to 444?? Just curious...

This is how I figured...

Stock HP 507 Stock torque 383
Differential + 8% Torque so + 31 torque
Stage 1 Software + 15hp + 16 Torque
Throttle Bodies + 13hp + 8 Torque
Exhaust + 9hp + 6 Torque

I think I am right?

Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
do you know what bad experiance the ranger had?

#6 ·
Hello M5 junky, allow me to intrduce myself, M5Ranger.
My M5 is very modded and it is a great car but I went through a very bad period this past summer with the throttle bodies and Dinan in general.

I see you are a Dinan diehard, well that is fine. Whatever works for you and at this point I will not denegrate Dinan. They are what they are and the world keeps turning.

I had a horrible time with getting the TB's to get them have the car run right. It was a nightmare. After many issues and time the car was sorted out and returned to its previous performance. Dinan contends that the TB's will not work right unless you have the Dinan software (which I see you have). I have Active Autowerke ECU software.

The car after multiple dyno's at different times NEVER showed any rwhp gains with the TB's. Thats zero gains. The claim you state of 13 hp gain is actually crank hp which is bullsh*T.

Bottom line as for as I'm concern the TB's are useless. I wanted to go back to stock TB's but Dinan would not accept return of the "2nd set of TB's". They told me I was stuck, those were mine and that was that!

M5's without the Dinan TB's are making as much or more rwhp than I.

To further expand on the Dinan BS about there software and compatibility.
My GT3 headers from FVD, a Porsche single mass flywheel and ECU software mods from GIAC. The ECU upgrade has produced significant improvement in the engine function. The motor revs like never before and acceleration is improved. Now all the components are from different companies and they all work.
Dinan gives me the lame excuse that , well the TB's do not work because you do not have our software. Mind you, when buying the TB's they NEVER bother to ask what software I have. When it doesn't work out then oh yes well that is the problem. You have a different ECU! That's total poor business practice.

I wish good luck but I do not believe anyone has dyno proof of rwhp.
My recommendation is spend your money on another mod. Other experts have told me the TB mod is of no value.

Honestly I can see that you are Dinan to the core and God bless you but I feel this has been a total waste of time to explain. Sorry.

Again good luck,

M5Ranger

#20 ·
I have Active Autowerke ECU software.

The car after multiple dyno's at different times NEVER showed any rwhp gains with the TB's. Thats zero gains. The claim you state of 13 hp gain is actually crank hp which is bullsh*T.

Bottom line as for as I'm concern the TB's are useless.
M5 Ranger I do not want to run around again with you regarding this topic as I dont want to upset you again. So whether you believe the whole "too many different parts may cause issues" from Dinan is your opinion and not based on any factual BMW tuning methods. Steve Dinan has been tuning BMW's longer than you.

But this is a far cry from what the initial response was from you (see below to first reaction). This is why I say real world gains on the road is where T-Bodies will show how much more air is coming in not on the Dynomometer.

The car is like I've never felt. The throttle response is at an all new level. The intakes along with the throttle body mod I believe work very synergistically. The car feels like it wants to jump out of the paint/skin. I swear P400 feels like P500. I am extremely HAPPY. .
and another

After research with Dinan and local experts it was figured out. The throttle bodies must be synchronized. I admit , I don't know or understand the solution. I will say that BMW ( the dealer ) knew nothing about it. What I do say is the car has a throttle response I've never felt before. As I said, it wants to jump out of the paint. I did not and will not await or seek the Dinan ECU software. I have the Active software done when I got the headers, pulley and the 3.91 diff. My experience described was on one afternoon immediately after the throttle bodies were installed. I anticipate that the ECU will equilibrate with the modification and then watchout because this baby knows no limit. The car sounds different. My exhaust was always loud but now it's deeper and hoarse, I love it ! The air-intakes I know must really compliment the larger throttle bodies.

If you want to further discuss your issue and any ideas we can come up with collectively I am open for a PM.
:cheers:

#7 ·
Also just curious if my calcs would be correct - would all of these mods including the throttle bodies bring my BHP to 544 and my torque to 444?? Just curious...

This is how I figured...

Stock HP 507 Stock torque 383
Differential + 8% Torque so + 31 torque
Stage 1 Software + 15hp + 16 Torque
Throttle Bodies + 13hp + 8 Torque
Exhaust + 9hp + 6 Torque

I think I am right?

Thanks

Honestly? Not likely. The differential doesn't actually give you
any additional torque that can be measure on a dyno. Don't expect
any gains in hp from exhaust (section 3) only. Software I'd expect
maybe a 10hp gain but mainly due to charcoal filter removal. I've
seen no dyno evidence that throttle bodies increase power. So
if you want to use 507 as a base then you should realistically expect
something like 517-520hp. This doesn't mean that the car won't feel
stronger or feel better.

If you have the opportunity please do a before and after dyno of
the throttle bodies. I'd like to see evidence that they are worth
what they are charging.

#10 ·
Thanks much M5Ranger for the response - much appreciated! I am not really a Dinan crazy guy. Its just that I live smack dab in the middle of the country and am limited to good shops that I would trust with the beast. I have a shop on the south side that is an authorized Dinan dealer - so I gotta go with someone that is trusted. I would love to do many more things with the beast but - I get a little nervous with just any one touching her. i want to do the pulley yet, but the local Dinan shop won't touch it (says it will throw off the balance) so I am a little restricted to what I can do at times. I don't mind the Dinan - it is expensive! BMW Dealers around here won't even get involved with it.

Anyway - did a google for a Dyno guy in St Louis. I called and I am going to take it there mid next week. I would do it sooner, but we are in an ice storm and won't take the beast out of the garage. I am going to get a pull before throttle bodies and after the install - if there are no gains I am going to raise hell with Dinan. I am even having the Stage 2 Software put on as recommended - (all will be put on at an authroized dealer as well as with all my other stuff I had done)... So stay tuned and I will post again within the next week or so. Thanks for all the information - I do tend to trust the board members more than the shop guys....

#11 ·
Anyway - did a google for a Dyno guy in St Louis. I called and I am going to take it there mid next week. I would do it sooner, but we are in an ice storm and won't take the beast out of the garage. I am going to get a pull before throttle bodies and after the install - if there are no gains I am going to raise hell with Dinan. I am even having the Stage 2 Software put on as recommended - (all will be put on at an authroized dealer as well as with all my other stuff I had done)... So stay tuned and I will post again within the next week or so. Thanks for all the information - I do tend to trust the board members more than the shop guys....
I can't wait to see your results. :M5thumbs:

#12 ·
junky if i was you i would'nt get em !!

my dealer who's dinan authorized they did my diff , soft , susp even told me that its not worth even half the $$...

they did tb's on an m6 with the soft and beside's the fact that it took 5 days to get the car running right it showed 0 gains on the dyno !!

the guy was so pissed he argued with the dealer who argued with dinan but they would not refund him his $$ , he then called amex and disputed the charges and the dealer lost the 4+ g's and a good customer !!

in terms of the pulley any GOOD mechanic from any shop can do it , so don't hesitate , it'll prob be better than the tb's...

don't mean to deter you but i was looking to get the tb's aswell but after i heard this it , i decided screw it !!

NEIL

#13 ·
My dealer ordered them already and charged me - so I am probably stuck.. I have always been wondering anyways with all the stuff I have on it from Dinan if there are any gains. I am going to find out. I think I am going to just go through with it just to see what happens. Very interested - I hate being interested when it involves $4K, but...... thanks for the replys guys! I will definetely post again on the outcome..

#15 · (Edited)
No agenda, just a ?
Wouldn't the best way to see a difference with TB's be to run several 1/4 mi's or better yet 30-150MPH runs before and after the TB's and see if the average time drops. Dyno's often show minimal gains for pulleys or intakes which definitely improve real world performance

#16 · (Edited)
I would like to add my own $0.02.

1) Dinan throttle bodies were never intended to be used without Dinan software or anyone elses software. If this part is not installed by the book you will have issues similar to M5Ranger. That means you must have Dinan software, a throttle body synchronization tool and A DINAN DEALER that is familliar with this process. If you try to go outside of a Dinan Dealer or Dinan Independant shop Dinan tech dept will do little in technical support if you have a problem.

2) This upgrade is a function of more air, but in order to see gains on a dyno you must have as close to real world airflow as you can get. The Dyno shops that most visit use small shop fans that would give as much air as if you really driving at 20mph. Tell me how in the hell that is not going to throw off specifically engineered software that is based around air and fuel?? I have yet to see a dyno shop in the US that has a more sophistocated and elaborate dynomometer system than Dinan in Morgan Hill. I have said many times that you will never see the same gains at a dyno shop that you would see at the dinan facility. Their fan is the size of a mini cooper that will adjust airflow based on RPM. It will produce simulated airflow of up to 80mph through its attached wind tunnel right to the front airdam. This is why you not see the same gains on another dyno but feel them in real world driving.

Attachments

#17 ·
Chris,
That's why I suggested timing 30-150mph pulls (in both directions if there's any wind) before and after TB's or intakes since it's not a given that the full difference will be appreciated by a dyno.
Doing it on the same stretch of road (to control for incline) and at similar temperatures would be best.

Reactions: My55
#26 ·
The only alternative way is to use a tool similar to Race Logic Performance Box like this. Just got mine today and will test it out. Even though I'm obsessed with dyno number, but I have no faith in dyno when it come down to real world performance.

PerformanceBox Data Sheet

Maybe your on to something? How long did it take to get? hmmmmm - maybe I could snag one of these for my before and after dyno? Can you print out its findings?

#24 ·
OK guys.... I hope I didn't open a can of worms here - not my intentions.. Anyway I was a little confused by what everyone was saying. :confused: They showed me the Rangers thread, but I thought he liked them, but had some problems with the install? BUT I am with everyone here including the Ranger when they say NO gains showing at all??? I would think even if you a mini fan on the car it would show at least a couple HP gain. Anyway - like I said I am going through with the install next week - I will dyno before and after. Jeeeeez - you WOULD think you would see some difference even its minimal. I did call the authorized dealer where I ordered the bodies from. I gave them a heads up on what I was reading here. They told me I will be the first in St Louis to do the throttle bodies - so I asked if they could call Dinan before I get there to review for any install issues. My dealer told me they put them in the M3's all the time and the M5 should be no problem - they said they know the sync and software process.. I told them I was going to Dyno before and after - the dealer owner has an M5 as well and he said he was anxious for me to be the guinnea pig. :eek: I will post the dynos when all done. If it shows gains I will have a pleasant smile.. I think I am doing it by the Dinan book - every upgrade on my car is Dinan made and hopefully all working in unison will give a great bang for the 20 some odd G's I've soaked into Dinan modes.. One more thing I am also interested to see if any noise difference in the Dinan exhaust after the bodies are in.. We'll see - thanks again guys!

#25 ·
Don't set high expectation and you should be fine. Keep us posted as well. Trust me, we all curious to see your TB result.

I just recalled something from one of the DFW Challenge thread. On one of the race between GiantPetro and Darren_Dallas, when they have very similar mods except GiantPetro has TB and Darren has Headers, the result was that headers win agains TB, but don't quote me on that. Do a seach if you want to be sure.

Good Luck, and no matter what the outcome is, if you feel good and your butt dyno feel good, that's matter the most especially you are one of a few M5 in your area:hihi:

OK guys.... I hope I didn't open a can of worms here - not my intentions.. Anyway I was a little confused by what everyone was saying. :confused: They showed me the Rangers thread, but I thought he liked them, but had some problems with the install? BUT I am with everyone here including the Ranger when they say NO gains showing at all??? I would think even if you a mini fan on the car it would show at least a couple HP gain. Anyway - like I said I am going through with the install next week - I will dyno before and after. Jeeeeez - you WOULD think you would see some difference even its minimal. I did call the authorized dealer where I ordered the bodies from. I gave them a heads up on what I was reading here. They told me I will be the first in St Louis to do the throttle bodies - so I asked if they could call Dinan before I get there to review for any install issues. My dealer told me they put them in the M3's all the time and the M5 should be no problem - they said they know the sync and software process.. I told them I was going to Dyno before and after - the dealer owner has an M5 as well and he said he was anxious for me to be the guinnea pig. :eek: I will post the dynos when all done. If it shows gains I will have a pleasant smile.. I think I am doing it by the Dinan book - every upgrade on my car is Dinan made and hopefully all working in unison will give a great bang for the 20 some odd G's I've soaked into Dinan modes.. One more thing I am also interested to see if any noise difference in the Dinan exhaust after the bodies are in.. We'll see - thanks again guys!

#30 ·
Finding roads for me is NO problem for good launches :M5rev:- Im in the middle of no where. :cheers: I think I am going to look into this gadget - hell maybe

I'll dyno it and do this gadget before and after..... something has to give us a good read.... :dunno: Can you print the readings out that this gadget spits out? So I could post them?

#32 ·
Okay gentlemen I've been reading all the responses. There are so many things that are going through my brain that it is hard to put them down in coherent statements.
First, Chris 550 I do not wish to have any contention with you. I apologized about what happened last summer.
Now Dinan's claims of power gains w/ the TB's is 13 crank hp! That actually translate to zero rwhp. This is what has been bared out.
My original description was positive on the basis of the "butt dyno", but that was before the car going into a total melt-down. CEL and running horribly. Despite multiple efforts the car would not run right. After talks w/ Dinan, a second set of TB's was agreed to be sent BUT I had to give and addition $2K CORE CHARGE for the second TB set. That was BS on Dinan's part!!

Mind you as I've said a hundred times, Dinan NEVER asked me what ECU set up I had. They make a big deal about this but when you're sell the schmuck the TB's nobody asked me squat.
I still do not believe their premise because as I've said, I have other high performance cars (GT3) which has components from multiple companies and the car works great synergistically.

A TB is a TB and how does an ECU know the difference of a physical piece such as a TB to be able to work correctly with it? If you look at a race car there are components from different manufactures and it all works.
They want you to have everything Dinan so the components work. Well I say that is not correct. I raced IMSA for 9 years and this is not true.

Now what good is it to develop a product and NOBODY can reproduce your gains? By your own report of 13 bhp this translate to nothing at the wheels.

M5junky I hope you show rwhp gains. I believe I wasted my money but worst of all the way it all happened. Dinan screwed me to the last penny.
After the first go round and I reguested to go back to stock the said NO. I was stuck and I could not return the product. Basiclly they told me I was ****ed. What a company. I was just a guy who wanted his car to run right. I came so close to dumping the car. The car could not even get out of its own way.

I met Abid from ASR Engineering and the world open its gates. ASR got my M5 back to its full potential. The rest is an M5 that runs 11.65 sec 1/4 mile and a trap speed of 125 mph.

After close review it is accessed that the Dinan TB's do not provide any improvement.

Gentlemen I've said too much but it's hard to contol my visceral dislike of Dinan based on their comportment with me ! By what I have in front of me over the last 7 months, I hate this man and his company.

My M5 is running fantasatic right now. ASR Engineering gets the credit to the cars performance.

Thank you all but I am sorry this story is getting old.

I guess I am viewed as an a$$hole who just complaints

I am sorry, guess this is getting a bit old.

M5Ranger

Reactions: trol and LI-M5
#33 ·
LOL...

Okay gentlemen I've been reading all the responses. There are so many things that are going through my brain that it is hard to put them down in coherent statements.
First, Chris 550 I do not wish to have any contention with you. I apologized about what happened last summer.
Now Dinan's claims of power gains w/ the TB's is 13 crank hp! That actually translate to zero rwhp. This is what has been bared out.
My original description was positive on the basis of the "butt dyno", but that was before the car going into a total melt-down. CEL and running horribly. Despite multiple efforts the car would not run right. After talks w/ Dinan, a second set of TB's was agreed to be sent BUT I had to give and addition $2K CORE CHARGE for the second TB set. That was BS on Dinan's part!!

Mind you as I've said a hundred times, Dinan NEVER asked me what ECU set up I had. They make a big deal about this but when you're sell the schmuck the TB's nobody asked me squat.
I still do not believe their premise because as I've said, I have other high performance cars (GT3) which has components from multiple companies and the car works great synergistically.

A TB is a TB and how does an ECU know the difference of a physical piece such as a TB to be able to work correctly with it? If you look at a race car there are components from different manufactures and it all works.
They want you to have everything Dinan so the components work. Well I say that is not correct. I raced IMSA for 9 years and this is not true.

Now what good is it to develop a product and NOBODY can reproduce your gains? By your own report of 13 bhp this translate to nothing at the wheels.

M5junky I hope you show rwhp gains. I believe I wasted my money but worst of all the way it all happened. Dinan screwed me to the last penny.
After the first go round and I reguested to go back to stock the said NO. I was stuck and I could not return the product. Basiclly they told me I was ****ed. What a company. I was just a guy who wanted his car to run right. I came so close to dumping the car. The car could not even get out of its own way.

I met Abid from ASR Engineering and the world open its gates. ASR got my M5 back to its full potential. The rest is an M5 that runs 11.65 sec 1/4 mile and a trap speed of 125 mph.

After close review it is accessed that the Dinan TB's do not provide any improvement.

Gentlemen I've said too much but it's hard to contol my visceral dislike of Dinan based on their comportment with me ! By what I have in front of me over the last 7 months, I hate this man and his company.

My M5 is running fantasatic right now. ASR Engineering gets the credit to the cars performance.

Thank you all but I am sorry this story is getting old.

I guess I am viewed as an a$$hole who just complaints

I am sorry, guess this is getting a bit old.

M5Ranger
Juan, I'm glad you're back 'cause your posts always amuse me. But 'really wish you'd stop contradicting yourself. See your post #108 in this thread: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1235686#post1235686

#34 ·
Dan that's what I get for trying to be civil. At some point back then I figured just drop the animosity and get along. I was trying to rationalize my experience and efforts. When go back and think how Dinan treated me and the guys working on my car I get angry all over again.
Add to that, being told by people who know BMW (Steve Dinan is not the only one) that I wasted my money does sting. Hell money comes and goes, big deal but the worst was Dinan's behavior. Mind you the conversations were all proper and no profanity ever used.
Heck man, asking for an addition core charge for the 2nd set of TB's sent to try and resolve the poor functioning of the car! That's kicking the man when he's down.
During the conversations about the issues, NOT once did they(Dinan) say well it's your ECU that's the problem. That topic came out later in the TB discussion.
Funny all other cars can run with multiple different components. I guess Dinan has purposely made their products to only work with each other.

I want someone to explain to me what is it that's in the Dinan software that knows exactly that the TB's in the car are Dinan or not? That's psychic software.

I hope M5junky makes new rwhp but gentlemen I am tired of this topic. Dinan goes one way and I go the other and the world keeps turning.

Thank you

#43 · (Edited)
Juan......

Dan that's what I get for trying to be civil. At some point back then I figured just drop the animosity and get along. I was trying to rationalize my experience and efforts. When go back and think how Dinan treated me and the guys working on my car I get angry all over again.
Add to that, being told by people who know BMW (Steve Dinan is not the only one) that I wasted my money does sting. Hell money comes and goes, big deal but the worst was Dinan's behavior. Mind you the conversations were all proper and no profanity ever used.
Heck man, asking for an addition core charge for the 2nd set of TB's sent to try and resolve the poor functioning of the car! That's kicking the man when he's down.
During the conversations about the issues, NOT once did they(Dinan) say well it's your ECU that's the problem. That topic came out later in the TB discussion.
Funny all other cars can run with multiple different components. I guess Dinan has purposely made their products to only work with each other.

I want someone to explain to me what is it that's in the Dinan software that knows exactly that the TB's in the car are Dinan or not? That's psychic software.

I hope M5junky makes new rwhp but gentlemen I am tired of this topic. Dinan goes one way and I go the other and the world keeps turning.

Thank you
1) You're entitled to your Dinan CS opinions. You aren't the first, nor will you be the last, to complain. FWIW, and IMO, it's a function of their business model. They are highly reliant on their North American "authorized" dealer network to provide product sales/installation/service/tech support to their customers. IMO, those dealers are where the "rubber meets the road"; and that reality is why, during almost 16 years of being a user of Dinan products on various BMW's, I've never dealt with Dinan directly (other than a single "curiosity" visit to their Morgan Hill facility, over 1 year ago). ALL of my car related business is handled by their local (to me) dealer, who is also a dealer for many other vendors of BMW (and other German car marque) mods, and who renders outstanding knowledge/experience/expertise/service. 'Would never allow ANY other shop to touch ANY of my cars. Period.

2) IMO, RWHP measurement on a dyno is nothing more than the difference between engine output and drivetrain loss; with highly variable results, and therefore unreliable data, from one "test" to another, being produced. Anybody who actually wants to know exactly what power their engine is producing has to have it tested, out of the car, on an engine dyno. These are extremely sophisticated, very expensive, custom designed instruments; typically only used by engine builders for high level racing application. A street car owner would have to pay a lot of $$$ (and find a willing engine builder who's properly equipped) to get a consistently valid engine power test result; which is decidedly impractical. If you question this, then ask your good folks at Champion Motor Sports.

3) BMW ECU tuning: After many years of threads and posts on this Board, 2 things seem obvious to me. a) Dinan software is developed to work with Dinan mods, exclusively; b) a mix of power mods from different vendors (including Dinan, or not), requires a "custom" tune; which vendors such as D/A, Powerchip, AA, and apparently ASR, make a business of doing. In another thread, back when you were considering "dumping" your M5. you may recall I suggested you seek a custom tune ('mentioned AA, IIRC); which might get all your different mods working correctly. Your response to my post was "That's the most helpful and logical suggestion I've received in this thread". Well, you took it several steps further; engaging ASR for a custom exhaust, "bottle" mod, AND a custom tune to tie everything together. Now you're happy. That's good.

4) As for TB's (Dinan's or anybody elses), 'think your summary in post #108 (referenced in the thread 'referred to last night) is "spot on" and fairly expresses reality about all power mods, in general.

Reactions: mwagner1 and My55
#35 ·
BTW Dan when you write that I amuse you, I'm sorry what does that me?

Juan

#44 ·
#36 ·
M5 Junky, good luck with the install. As you can see the throttle
bodies have a source of heated debate in the past. I don't think
anyone can blame M5Ranger for feeling the way he does. I would
certainly be pissed if I was treated that way.

I'll just wait for you results. Hopefully they will provide a clearer
picture on whether they are worth it or not.

#37 ·
Just ordered the Performance box - should be here by Tuesday they say - so that should give me time to do my Dyno and the box before the the TB's are installed. Then I will do both again afterwards.... We'll see.... Very anxious to see what all Dinan mods and all Dinan software comes up with.....hmmm Hopefully the damn snow stops outside and melts by next week so I can take the beast out and get all this done.... My shoes don't touch the snow...

#38 ·
If this come through, the mystery of TB will be solved.:imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy:

Just ordered the Performance box - should be here by Tuesday they say - so that should give me time to do my Dyno and the box before the the TB's are installed. Then I will do both again afterwards.... We'll see.... Very anxious to see what all Dinan mods and all Dinan software comes up with.....hmmm Hopefully the damn snow stops outside and melts by next week so I can take the beast out and get all this done.... My shoes don't touch the snow...

#42 ·
Junky,
Thanks for keeping an open mind and being systematic with dyno and V box pre and post TB's. You're doing a great service to many members here. I don't think I'm in the market for TB's but I'm very interested and, who knows, if the results are unexpectedly obvious I and others may change our minds.
Tim

#45 ·
OK - just an update... :typing: My Throttle Bodies have come in this past Friday to my dealer.. The performance box is due in Tuesday.. SO - I should have a full report by end of this week on HP gains or no gains according to (2) sources - The performance box and Dyno test - before and after. I am crossing my fingers - so we can try and put things to bed with the TB install... Be back soon with findings.... :1:

#46 ·
M5 Junky this ia M5Ranger, I truly hope you gain real rwhp gains.
Hell after all I went through I hope to vicariously experience your hp gains.
This has been a very contentious topic. We are willing to spend money on our cars for some anticipated gains, be it hp, handling/ride quality or cosmetic.
You have to understand that after spending $3,000 and you get zero hp gain it can be upsetting. That is not it though, when your car will not run right and constant CEL on, you tend to become aggrevated.

I will follow your results.
Good luck to man, I really mean it.

M5Ranger

Reactions: xraym5
#47 ·
Thanks Ranger and all.. I got to be honest I am a little nervous to do this install this coming week... Maybe this is the only way Dinan is proved wrong IF for some reason I have the same experience you did. I have everything Dinan on my car so there are absolutely no reasons for Dinan to say I am mixing mod brands - I am even installing the stage 2 software ... I am very anxious to see what this powerbox thing does as weel - that supposedly measures HP and other things all from GPS?? We'll see what happens.. I may be driving from St Louis to Dinans place in Cali the following week making them get it right.. :wroom: You never know...
One more thing - when my dealer called to let me know they were in - I insisted one more time that they contact Dinan to make sure of any installation kinks... They said they've spoke with Dinan and they were nformed of everything they should be, for the install.. The owner of the dealer claims he'll call Steve direct if there are any problems, and make him walk him through any difficulties... We'll see.... The snow melted pretty good here today - it never sticks around to long here. So I am anticipating doing all my pre-tests wednesday morning then dropping it off at noon for the install. Then if all goes well they say I can pick up late Thursday. Then do my after tests Friday morning - and report back late Friday / Saturday... So sit back and enjoy the ride.... and hopefully my schedule goes according to plan.. "why do I have a weird feeling about this?" hmmm Talk to you all soon... Have a great week!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.