BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were a few here that had Dinan SW and were considering headers. The concern was whether they would have to put up $$ for Evosport or AA SW to keep check engine light off, basically throwing away the $$ they spent on Dinan SW.
I have now put >1k miles on my car since the header install and moving rear O2 sensors behind secondary cats. No cel or other problems. In fact over the 2-3 weeks after working out some bugs with the O2 sensor wiring the car kept getting stronger. Not only is there more power but it runs much smoother at low rpm driving in cities and parking lots etc. (<2000 rpm).
So if you have Dinan SW and are considering headers you can get away without new SW (if the wiring is done right).
I had mine done at ICS in Stamford, CT. George, Brian, Paul, etc are great guys. They are also psychotically devoted to cars and their work. They stayed till after 10 PM on a Friday night to finish my car in one day.:goldcup:

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
This has been my thought the whole time with the header issue.

I think the car likes the 02 sensors and needs them, no matter what anyone does with the software the coding for the 02's are buried really deep.

You hit the perfect combo, just rewire and relocate the 02 sensors back a bit down stream and all will be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts