BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Dinan Stroker underway!!Yeah

56K views 168 replies 41 participants last post by  bmwMcrzy 
#1 ·
Finally got my beast in for the Dinan Stroker motor, mid pipe and throttle body. I think, I am almost done with my mod except for the 20' CorForged wheels thats going to be put on after i figure out which tires to go with. anyways, while i was at ATSPEED MOTORSPROT in maryland, i saw 2010 M3 getting the active autowerke with the meth. injection system and the supercharger looks really good but not as good as my Dinan motor. Here's some pic i took with my iphone, i will have more pics with my camera later. anyways, the Beast will be ready when i get back from disney world with my family and all i have to do is enjoy my new beast!:D

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: pbelo and Gustav
#2 ·
Congrats, you will love it. Great decision on the motor if I must say so myself. :cheers:

Reactions: SSS_M5
#4 ·
Thanks

Thanks xraym5, it was hard decision but I got lots discounts , 20% off the motor, 25% off the midpipe, 25% off the throttle body and got 5% off for the midpipe and throttle body from Atspeed Motorsport. Thanks to Bob. Anyways it will be good idea to have m5 stroker meet.:cheers:

#3 ·
@xraym5: aftermarket headers doesn't fit the stroker ?

#11 ·
They do for me since they are essentially OEM headers with the cats removed.

#5 ·
Can u PM me the price of stroker

#9 ·
Like I sa before, I take my Beast to church on sunday with my family, with 3 toddlers. It will give them a smile when I hit the "M" button .:M5launch:

#8 ·
Good choice. You'll love. Get the MAFs and diffs as well. You've already gone that far.

#10 ·
Hi, D_Iceman, how is your Beast? I got most of the Dinan parts already. MAF, diffs,exhaust, pulley,throttle body, midpipe,stage2 suspension, and rpi scoop. I think my next mod is going to be the front spitter , idont know which one to go with. Anyway, good to hear from you!:1:

#29 ·
You should get the RIP scoop and dyno before and after the scoop.

#30 ·
Good idea, I'll probably do that.

#31 ·
Just one thought on an earlier comment. Do not waste your money on the 3.91 diff.
Sorry just my 2 cents.

Ranger

#32 ·
Why not?

#35 ·
Whining aside, we proved it didn't help and actually hurt performance. The stock 3.64 is perfect for the SMG gearing.
Repeated (>25 runs) 1/4 mile results didn't lie. Equally modded M5's except one with 3.91(mine) and one stock diff and I was consistently behind at 1/4 end ET. Actually ahead at the 1/8 and behind at the 1/4 mile. Hurts your topend.
IMO the money spent is not worth it. Best spent on another mod.

Ranger

#36 ·
How bad was the 1/4 run between the two?

#37 ·
All the slips have been trashed but it came out consistently like this.
At 1/8 I was 0.2 sec ahead and at 1/4 mile end I was 0.2 sec behind therefore a 0.4 sec cummulative loss.
Keep in mind there are other factors principly 60' time differences betwwen the cars.
Regardless, imho this mod is a waste of money.

Ranger

#41 ·
Still trying to make sense of that. I had final drives change on my Honda and it got up to speed faster but had a lower top speed. Should help with acceleration.

#38 ·
I know that Steve Dinan himself once had the diff. on his M5 stroker but took it off due to lack of traction.

#39 ·
SSS_M5: so it is finsihed now! Welcome to one of the most exclusive clubs on M5board.com, stroker owner :checkeredflag:

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e94hAI_NddQ?fs=1&hl=sv_SE&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e94hAI_NddQ?fs=1&hl=sv_SE&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

#40 ·
#42 ·
Thanks Gustav, and thanks for the vid, it's a honor to own a stroker Beast, I just can't not wait until I get back to pick her up. Still in Disney world with my kids and loving every moment spending time with my kids. Just wait until when we go to church with my kids in stroker Beast. It's going to be fun!!!!

#50 ·
updates on pics, 90% done

finally came back from Disney World, i got some pics of the Beast being almost done. the new Dinan motor is almost in and getting the SMG put back in. I also got the throttle body with it. enjoy the pics!:applause:

Attachments

#51 · (Edited)
other pics

here is the pics of the old motor being remove and Dinan motor getting put in.:M5thumbs:here is the pics of the SMG getting put back and the Dinan throttle body. I get some more pics of the mid pipe and the rims.enjoy the pics.:1:
there is old throttle body and Dinan Throttle body side by side.

Attachments

#52 ·
Beast before the install

i guess i got the pics backwards, sorry. here is my Beast before the install.:M5launch:

Attachments

Reactions: Gustav
#53 ·
Brings back sweet memories of the installation of mine. Couldn't wait to get through the break-in period and let her rip.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jmLPw1sEQpk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

#54 ·
How long is the break in time? Is there certin way of breaking in the Dinan stroker? If so, any advice xraym5? i will appreciated.

#61 ·
I don't about you, but when I had my c6 z06 with 500+ horsepower it was good but when I got the supercharger with 600+ horsepower , it's was insane. Blink of a eye you will do 150+ mph from just a rolling start at 60 mph. I guess I miss that feeling.:wroom:

#64 · (Edited)
I didn't see any info about the tranny choice at Dinan web site, I guess you can give them a call.:dunno:

#62 ·
Damn good for you for doing the mod. It has to be so much fun. Why did you go from the Z06 to the M5 in the first place? I really don't like the idea of spending more on the mods then the car is worth. I know people mod there bikes,cars all the time with the same problem. IF a cheaper one comes out I will do it.

#63 ·
Damn good for you for doing the mod. It has to be so much fun. Why did you go from the Z06 to the M5 in the first place? I really don't like the idea of spending more on the mods then the car is worth. I know people mod there bikes,cars all the time with the same problem. IF a cheaper one comes out I will do it.
i had the vett for while but that was before my 3 kids. I only had my first child when i had the vette but time change and 2nd child was born and follow by 3 third child. So, i have 3 wonderful kids, 5, 4 and 2 so the vette was a garage queen. didnt enjoy that much because, weekday was work week and weekend was for family time. so traded for the m5. now i can take my wife and my 3 kids in my Beast and have fun with all together.:flag: i guess i am speed junkie.:D

Reactions: pcl1977
#65 ·
update

The Beast is 95% done, just need some little more work done, but almost done. Got the Dinan mid section exhaust with 4" resonator in today and we are ready to fire her up!!!:D Here is some more pics. Enjoy.cherrsagai

Attachments

#66 ·
more pics of mid pipe

some more pics with my iphone.

Attachments

#67 ·
All I can say is that you will be thrilled with the results. After over a year I am still in love.

Here is a video of mine doing 0-60 in 3.8 seconds on the Performance Box.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DXPm8Kr3sRs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

#85 ·
All I can say is that you will be thrilled with the results. After over a year I am still in love.

Here is a video of mine doing 0-60 in 3.8 seconds on the Performance Box.

Do you have 0-60 Time before the Dinan stroker?
Was wondering about the time improvement on the stroker.

Congratss...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.