BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my beast in for the Dinan Stroker motor, mid pipe and throttle body. I think, I am almost done with my mod except for the 20' CorForged wheels thats going to be put on after i figure out which tires to go with. anyways, while i was at ATSPEED MOTORSPROT in maryland, i saw 2010 M3 getting the active autowerke with the meth. injection system and the supercharger looks really good but not as good as my Dinan motor. Here's some pic i took with my iphone, i will have more pics with my camera later. anyways, the Beast will be ready when i get back from disney world with my family and all i have to do is enjoy my new beast!:D

Attachments

Reactions: pbelo and Gustav

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Congrats, you will love it. Great decision on the motor if I must say so myself. :cheers:

Reactions: SSS_M5

·
Registered
77 Posts
@xraym5: aftermarket headers doesn't fit the stroker ?

Reactions: SSS_M5

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Congrats, you will love it. Great decision on the motor if I must say so myself. :cheers:
Thanks xraym5, it was hard decision but I got lots discounts , 20% off the motor, 25% off the midpipe, 25% off the throttle body and got 5% off for the midpipe and throttle body from Atspeed Motorsport. Thanks to Bob. Anyways it will be good idea to have m5 stroker meet.:cheers:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Can u PM me the price of stroker

·
Registered
160 Posts
The stroker kit is looking more and more appealing in light of the lag on the superchargers...

Does anyone think the price will drop to sub $20k anytime in 2011?

Is the stroker motor a brand new motor essentially? So I would revert to 0 miles on my odometer?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Good choice. You'll love. Get the MAFs and diffs as well. You've already gone that far.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want one that would be fun for the whole family.
Like I sa before, I take my Beast to church on sunday with my family, with 3 toddlers. It will give them a smile when I hit the "M" button .:M5launch:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good choice. You'll love. Get the MAFs and diffs as well. You've already gone that far.
Hi, D_Iceman, how is your Beast? I got most of the Dinan parts already. MAF, diffs,exhaust, pulley,throttle body, midpipe,stage2 suspension, and rpi scoop. I think my next mod is going to be the front spitter , idont know which one to go with. Anyway, good to hear from you!:1:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
@xraym5: aftermarket headers doesn't fit the stroker ?
They do for me since they are essentially OEM headers with the cats removed.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi, D_Iceman, how is your Beast? I got most of the Dinan parts already. MAF, diffs,exhaust, pulley,throttle body, midpipe,stage2 suspension, and rpi scoop. I think my next mod is going to be the front spitter , idont know which one to go with. Anyway, good to hear from you!:1:
I'm just about 600miles away from completing my run in. Will dyno soon.

The RPi scoops are not necessary if you get the MAFs as the airbox comes with ducting all the way from the front bumper.

I like the Wald front a lot.

·
Registered
239 Posts
They do for me since they are essentially OEM headers with the cats removed.
I really want to do this but Dinan has not reverted to me.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I really want to do this but Dinan has not reverted to me.
Dinan didn't do my headers, my indy installer did. I requires exchanging your original headers. If you want his contact info feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Dinan didn't do my headers, my indy installer did. I requires exchanging your original headers. If you want his contact info feel free to PM me.
If Dinan still doesn't get back to me, I'll get it from you.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If Dinan still doesn't get back to me, I'll get the contact from you.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm just about 600miles away from completing my run in. Will dyno soon.

The RPi scoops are not necessary if you get the MAFs as the airbox comes with ducting all the way from the front bumper.

I like the Wald front a lot.
thats sweet, almost done :cheers:with the break-in, you are going to post your number when you get your Beast dyno? can't wait.:) i thought about the wald front but little expensive but, you never know, i might get one later. I saw a posting by the, i think it was RIP, that Dinan MAFs and scoop got more power verse just the RIP scoop. like you said, every bit help. breath from the top and bottom.:grinyes:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If Dinan still doesn't get back to me, I'll get the contact from you.
someone on this forum had Dinan headers with his setup. I dont know who it was, but he say he live close to Dinan in califorina.

·
Registered
239 Posts
thats sweet, almost done :cheers:with the break-in, you are going to post your number when you get your Beast dyno? can't wait.:) i thought about the wald front but little expensive but, you never know, i might get one later. I saw a posting by the, i think it was RIP, that Dinan MAFs and scoop got more power verse just the RIP scoop. like you said, every bit help. breath from the top and bottom.:grinyes:
I really like the Wald, might do it but agree that it's ex.

You won't be able to fit the RPi scoops unless you don't install the ducting from Dinan.

·
Registered
239 Posts
someone on this forum had Dinan headers with his setup. I dont know who it was, but he say he live close to Dinan in califorina.
Marc Norris of Bavarian Workshop is trying to get Dinan to do one for me too. Still waiting for reply from them.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts