BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 569 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
All,

Based on the results from Saturday I knew there was something wrong with my Dinan Stroker M5.

My dealer figured out they installed a stock intake component during the motor swap rather than the upgraded Dinan intake component for the MAF.

Based on that change we ran some comparisons this evening against a known fast stock M5 (with charcoal filters removed). See for yourself:

Enjoy,

Darren

·
Registered
924 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Looks more like a 40K+++ engine!! Finally putting the power to the ground congratz Darren! Keep the videos coming!!

I would love to see your Dyno results!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Thanks for the video. The results are more likely expected. What surprise me is the intake make that much different from the previous video. Now, I want to see the rematch agains HPF M3, 997TT, Ford GT. Is that ///WALL ST M5?

Keep us posted and congrats once again.

:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
He's running away.........definitely big performance gain!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the video. The results are more likely expected. What surprise me is the intake make that much different from the previous video. Now, I want to see the rematch agains HPF M3, 997TT, Ford GT. Is that ///WALL ST M5?

Keep us posted and congrats once again.

:M5thumbs:
Me and the HPF M3 (aka RaceMX-M3) already ran earlier today we just didn't have a camera with us. The results were much better, although the M3 beat me he was only 4-5 car lengths in front of me versus bus lengths last time.

We'll get some vids asap between us for comparison so everyone can see.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Have you thought about a run from a stop? Perhaps against an
E55 or Z06? How much traction do you have? It might also be time
to take it to the track for a 1/4 run.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you thought about a run from a stop? Perhaps against an
E55 or Z06? How much traction do you have? It might also be time
to take it to the track for a 1/4 run.
Traction is a huge issue now. I tried the launch control for the first time today after they fixed everything and even with my 305 mm rear tires there's just no grip until I hit third gear.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Darren,

So happy there was an easy fix.. I've never seen an M5 put that much real estate in front of me before. :confused: Congrats on the new found HP. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Traction is a huge issue now. I tried the launch control for the first time today after they fixed everything and even with my 305 mm rear tires there's just no grip until I hit third gear.
I guess that really isn't surprising. It would be interesting to see what
your trap speed is.

Congrats on finding the problem...kinda scary that there was one but
sounds like everything came out good in the end.

Damn...I really need a stroker in my car :sad2:. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
924 Posts
I guess that really isn't surprising. It would be interesting to see what
your trap speed is.

Congrats on finding the problem...kinda scary that there was one but
sounds like everything came out good in the end.

Damn...I really need a stroker in my car :sad2:. :M5thumbs:
yes you do marshall!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Awesome results! Congrats Darren, knew the M5 stroker Motor, Scott talked about on the M3 boards, had to be your car. Great runs guys. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wow, really impressive. Congratulations on getting the MAF issue sorted.

As to the sound, YouTube video never does any justice to how a car really sounds in person, but from what I can tell it sounds neat.

·
Registered
917 Posts
David, what do you mean? What does mexico have anything to do with the stroker kit?

1 - 20 of 569 Posts