BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy the dinan stage 2 with jrz shocks. It looks like the adjustment is a knob on the bottom of the rear shock so you do not have to remove (like koni)?????? How much if any does dinan stage 2 lower the car??????

B

·
0 Posts
slowcar said:
I want to buy the dinan stage 2 with jrz shocks. It looks like the adjustment is a knob on the bottom of the rear shock so you do not have to remove (like koni)?????? How much if any does dinan stage 2 lower the car??????

Dinan claims that the lowering is insignificant (less than 0.25").

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
463 Posts
slowcar said:

It does not lower the car any perceptible amount. In fact, right after it was installed, my car was parked next to another (stock) M5 and I thought my car looked higher.

I'm nearly certain that the adjustment knob for the rear shocks is not accessible from below, but now I'm going to make sure.

FWIW, I'd suggest you also get the camber plates -- the extra cost is nominal relative to the total outlay. Excessive tire wear (on the inside shoulders) is the only potential negative to getting them. But I have about 5k miles on this suspension and my front tire wear (PS2s) is completely even. (and I'm about half-way through the tread life of these tires, maybe more than half on the rears :rolleyes: ) I don't see any downside to getting the plates.

FWIW x 2, if I were to do it again, I'd get the Ground Control suspension.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
your car probably was a bit higher as the springs had yet to settle and since Dinan only clamis a bit lower (.25) its so close to stock that until the springs settled it might have been higher.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
i've run the Dinan 3 for 40k mi without uneven wear on the front tires - even with stock suspension the insides of the rear tires wear more

i agree that there is no downside to using Dinan camber plates

1 - 5 of 5 Posts