BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did the search and found tons of stuff on H&R, Eiback, Hartge and Dinan springs... basically H&R is the lowest spring you can get and Dinan is the highest. I was looking for something in between as the Dinan is not low enough to be aesthetically pleasing and the H&R maybe too low. Also do you think I can install the the front and rear sways from the Dinan Stage 2 with different springs? Would the authorized Dinan dealer do this? Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
H&R looks perfect IMO. I would get the other Dinan suspension components and couple those with the H&R springs if I were you.

Matt

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
BD997:

You can get the Dinan suspension componenet with different springs for sure. The only issue may be the dealer not covering warranty on failures as they will blame the other springs (this will never happen IMO). I still suggest the Eibach or ACS. Good drop and not tons of money while keeping the EDC functions.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have Dinan Stage 2 with RD Sport Springs and its by far the best setup if u stick with springs (IE not coilovers). RD Sport is the lowest (lower than H&R) and the Dinan sways are great. I tracked the car this weekend and kept up with my friends 996 GT3 (tho it was a bit wet out :D).
Its the perfect height with the RD Sports!!

1 From The Track:

Evan

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BD997:

You can get the Dinan suspension componenet with different springs for sure. The only issue may be the dealer not covering warranty on failures as they will blame the other springs (this will never happen IMO). I still suggest the Eibach or ACS. Good drop and not tons of money while keeping the EDC functions.
TC, you got any pics of Chris car after you installed his H&R's?

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
...Would the authorized Dinan dealer do this? Any input is appreciated.
Yes. I got Dinan FRC/rear sway bar (which is Dinan stage II minus spring), installed at Dinan dealer with my current H&R spring. Make biggest different (day/night different) in all my other mods.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Evan, your car is beautyful...like the wheels............sits great too...as far as ride height...adjustable shocks are great but more work to get right...but with good quality springs you will find your ride height and forget it !!! Loose your active suspension, though.

·
Registered
605 Posts
so RD is lower than H&R?
Yes and ride a bit better IMO!!! Best springs on the market!! Call Peter at Wheel Experts, he got me mine!!
Evan

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Bernie,

I do not have any of 'Rocket's lowered car. He may have some on his pc, but unfortunately I do not.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I also have the RDSport springs with the Dinan Stage 2 components. I think the drop is perfect and gives the car a more raked, aggressive stance compared to other springs that still have a larger gap in the front. The drop is 38mm front and 24mm rear.

Here are my pics but they're nowhere as nice as AMG ETR's.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts