BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Dinan Stage 2 suspension and Dinan diff installed last week. Hooked up with fellow board member avry8542 today for the first time. We met in downtown brooklyn and I heard him coming before I saw the car!! lol:1: Then I see the beauty, an Alpine White M5 with Supersprint Headers and Eisenmann race exhaust.:thumbsup: The car sounded incredible! It had a much deeper, powerful sound than mine (Eisenmann race and SS X-pipe):eek: . We took it for a little spin and immediately I could tell there was a BIG difference in how the car feels with the headers........You could feel that the car was literally BREATHING much better!!. We drove to Performance Boutique in Brooklyn to pick my beast up (Michelin PS2's installed). You guys should have heard us going down Atlantic ave setting car alarms off, it sounded like the Montreal Grand Prix.:M5rev:

Anyways attached are some pics of both cars facing eachother so members can get a feel of the difference between the Dinan Stage 2 suspension and the stock suspension. Both cars have the stock wheels but mine are powdercoated. FYI: I love the Stage 2 suspension and definitely feel like it's worth the money....our beasts are already great handlers as is from the factory but this mod makes the car perfect IMHO. Thanks for coming to BK Avery!

Attachments

·
Video Guru
1,420 Posts
DinodealM5 said:
I got the Dinan Stage 2 suspension and Dinan diff installed last week. Hooked up with fellow board member avry8542 today for the first time. We met in downtown brooklyn and I heard him coming before I saw the car!! lol:1: Then I see the beauty, an Alpine White M5 with Supersprint Headers and Eisenmann race exhaust.:thumbsup: The car sounded incredible! It had a much deeper, powerful sound than mine (Eisenmann race and SS X-pipe):eek: . We took it for a little spin and immediately I could tell there was a BIG difference in how the car feels with the headers........You could feel that the car was literally BREATHING much better!!. We drove to Performance Boutique in Brooklyn to pick my beast up (Michelin PS2's installed). You guys should have heard us going down Atlantic ave setting car alarms off, it sounded like the Montreal Grand Prix.:M5rev:

Anyways attached are some pics of both cars facing eachother so members can get a feel of the difference between the Dinan Stage 2 suspension and the stock suspension. Both cars have the stock wheels but mine are powdercoated. FYI: I love the Stage 2 suspension and definitely feel like it's worth the money....our beasts are already great handlers as is from the factory but this mod makes the car perfect IMHO. Thanks for coming to BK Avery!
Avry told me that he met up with you yesterday Dino
You get your car washed at the same place as me in NYC
I know cos I got my car washed yesterday and they told me you were around
I look forward to meeting up again
Avry wants us all to meet up ssometime soon
Lets co-ordinate it so that I can see your mods and get it on film
Welcome back from all your travels
:M5launch:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Small world..

JIDEX said:
Avry told me that he met up with you yesterday Dino
You get your car washed at the same place as me in NYC
I know cos I got my car washed yesterday and they told me you were around
I look forward to meeting up again
Avry wants us all to meet up ssometime soon
Lets co-ordinate it so that I can see your mods and get it on film
Welcome back from all your travels
:M5launch:
Small world....Brooklyns Car Spa on Atlantic, I'm there once a week.:D I am defintely looking forward to mtg up again soon. The owner of the car wash asked me if I knew you and if i saw the camera you have mounted in the car...he gets a kick out of us car nuts.lol Between you and I he has seen every meet from pics to video, I'm always showing him pictures.:haha:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Definitely better stance with the DINAN suspension...

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Yeah, Dino! Looks bada*s. The side to side really shows the difference in ride height. With all this mild weather we've been having, I wish I held off on putting on the winter setup. Dying for another run up I-287 at 14.0 mph to Bear......
Go for the headers, man. Although, it may be so ungodly loud that you'll have to put back the stock resonators.:biggrin:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saturday....

bmwbonehead said:
Yeah, Dino! Looks bada*s. The side to side really shows the difference in ride height. With all this mild weather we've been having, I wish I held off on putting on the winter setup. Dying for another run up I-287 at 14.0 mph to Bear......
Go for the headers, man. Although, it may be so ungodly loud that you'll have to put back the stock resonators.:biggrin:
If you're around Saturday morning I'm getting up with Jidex and avry at 9am in the Bronx for a little run.

Will be doing the headers but I'm keeping the stock secondary cats in so as not to be obnoxiously loud.:eek:h:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love the PS2's

By the way Boner I love the PS2's!:applause: The shop actually filled them with nitrogen.:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
DinodealM5 said:
If you're around Saturday morning I'm getting up with Jidex and avry at 9am in the Bronx for a little run.

Will be doing the headers but I'm keeping the stock secondary cats in so as not to be obnoxiously loud.:eek:h:
Damn it! I have to go into the Manhattan for a baptism on Saturday. Keep me in mind for January if you go out again.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
DinodealM5 said:
By the way Boner I love the PS2's!:applause: The shop actually filled them with nitrogen.:M5thumbs:
If Michelin made them in the 'big' rubber fitments on my RAC's, I'd get them in a heartbeat. I just can't get rid of the 305'slovelove

Just read your sig. Got the Blinders you dawg! Looks like you're taking point on the next run.:M5launch:

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
yeah dino looks awesome with the lower ride height..i would do it in a second but the front hamann lip is already scrapping all over when im in the city.

santa brought me the sway bars though got them minstalled yesterday just got the call that the car was ready maybe i'll pick it up fri or sat.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Neil.

LI-M5 said:
yeah dino looks awesome with the lower ride height..i would do it in a second but the front hamann lip is already scrapping all over when im in the city.

santa brought me the sway bars though got them minstalled yesterday just got the call that the car was ready maybe i'll pick it up fri or sat.
Thanks Neil....your guys at Habberstad did a great job for me on the diff and suspension. If you're around Saturday morning 9am come for a little run.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup...

MGUY said:
hey DinodealM5 in your sig it says evosport headers ordered, did they realese the price of it yet?
Hey MGUY if you pre-order now it's $3995.00. They should be ready by the end of January. My guess is that they will probably retail for $4500.00 down the line.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
DinodealM5 said:
Thanks Neil....your guys at Habberstad did a great job for me on the diff and suspension. If you're around Saturday morning 9am come for a little run.
yeah i'd love to but i got late nite plans for friday and i doubt i'll be able to get up at that insane hour..

glad they took care of you over there..like i said they're good people..

what about the diff is it all that and a bag of chips or what ????

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yup...

LI-M5 said:
what about the diff is it all that and a bag of chips or what ????
Hell yeah it's all that!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd really feel it. Even avry said the car was smoother than his.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here you go..

BD 997 said:
car looks great...perfect ride height. How much is the dinan stage 2?
Thanks. Here's the breakdown:
1. Parts: $873.58
2. Labor: $1155.00 :eek:h: :eek:h:
3. Time 10.5 hours

Total cost: $2028.58

It's worth it IMHO.

·
Registered
330 Posts
bmwbonehead said:
Yeah, Dino! Looks bada*s. Dying for another run up I-287 at 14.0 mph to Bear......:biggrin:
Nice job D!! Can't wait to see it in person...

Bones I can't wait either I can't believe you only went 14.0 mph b/c 15.0 felt real noice, maybe we'll do 17.0 mph like that LI meet!!! hahahaha DRIVE SAFE EVERYONE!!!

Bill

Dino you got point!!! I want to see you handle the twisties!!!

P.S. were is the best place to get & install the K40 gotta get that installed in the P-car!!!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
DucatiBMW said:
Nice job D!! Can't wait to see it in person...

Bones I can't wait either I can't believe you only went 14.0 mph b/c 15.0 felt real noice, maybe we'll do 17.0 mph like that LI meet!!! hahahaha DRIVE SAFE EVERYONE!!!

Bill

Dino you got point!!! I want to see you handle the twisties!!!

P.S. were is the best place to get & install the K40 gotta get that installed in the P-car!!!
I woulda pushed it further but Dino scared the crap outta me during the last meet when he blew by my at 15.0 mph.:byee55amg

1 - 20 of 55 Posts