BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got around to installing my Dinan Stage 1 Suspension this past Friday, not a bad DIY job if you take your time. Having my brother around was a big help as well. I really like the drop of this kit (7/8" in Front & 3/4" in Rear). I ordered 12.5mm spacers to finish off the look. The pics were taken after about 100 miles on the springs. Some say it will take 200 miles or so for the springs to really settle.

The springs really didn't affect the ride quality that much at all, comfort mode is perfect, while sport is just a bit stiffer than stock. The performance is definitely enhanced, I can still feel a bit of roll during hard cornering; so I ordered the Dinan Front Roll Control System and Rear Sway Bar to stiffen things up. All in all, I am very happy with the results and the look with the addition of the Dinan Stage Suspension 1 kit.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Nice subtle drop if thats what you like. Car looks awesome.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Love it. Any rubbing issues? I was thinking of adding spacers but I heard 12's rub with most aftermarket suspension setups.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Looks good.

Why did you go with Dinan? From my research Dinan seems to be the most conservative suspension setup. I was leaning Dinan, but went with Eibach Springs. I plan on adding RD Sport front and back sway bars later this year.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Dinan suspension is the single best "best bang for the buck" upgrade Dinan makes. Great choice.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Drop

I just dropped mine on eibachs and love it. Yours looks great!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
As stated above, Dinan springs are the most conservative when it comes to the height dropped. I regret going with Dinan instead of Eibach lol. My car sits all right now, but a tad lower would be perfect imo.

At the time I got the whole stage two system from Dinan for much less than their retail price and the reviews on the stage two setup were very good. Back in July I ended up removing the Dinan front roll control kit and rear sway bar for the RDSport sway bars and haven't looked back since!

I do have thoughts of switching out for Eibach springs but I don't feel like going through the whole process again to swap springs.

Reactions: Cortinas78

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you experiencing any rubbing issues with those spacers? btw car looks awesome .......
Not based on my measurements and other member's experience using Dinan's S1 Suspension kit with 12.5mm spacers. I know some do using Eibach spring and other systems that drop the car more than 1".

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Nice subtle drop if thats what you like. Car looks awesome.
Thank you.

Looks good.

Why did you go with Dinan? From my research Dinan seems to be the most conservative suspension setup. I was leaning Dinan, but went with Eibach Springs. I plan on adding RD Sport front and back sway bars later this year.
I didn't want to deal with and totally rule out rubbing issues, I also have the Stage III Suspension Kit on my 545i and the car corners like it's on a rail and sits just right for me.

Dinan suspension is the single best "best bang for the buck" upgrade Dinan makes. Great choice.
:)

Clean car! Perfect drop.
Thank you.

I just dropped mine on eibachs and love it. Yours looks great!
Thanks.

As stated above, Dinan springs are the most conservative when it comes to the height dropped. I regret going with Dinan instead of Eibach lol. My car sits all right now, but a tad lower would be perfect imo.

At the time I got the whole stage two system from Dinan for much less than their retail price and the reviews on the stage two setup were very good. Back in July I ended up removing the Dinan front roll control kit and rear sway bar for the RDSport sway bars and haven't looked back since!

I do have thoughts of switching out for Eibach springs but I don't feel like going through the whole process again to swap springs.
What spring set are you considering swapping out the Eibachs for?

Reactions: Fiftytwoeighty

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
What spring set are you considering swapping out the Eibachs for?
I run the same Dinan springs as you and I was considering swapping them out for Eibachs.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Car looks awesome. Great color too ;). I've been relatively happy with my Dinan stage 2 suspension for many years but I'd like even more stability. A lot of members rave on the RD Sport sway bars. It's something I'm seriously considering plus some other things. Does it ever end? Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,264 Posts
OP~ Love the color!!?

2x on RD Sport F/R sway bars over the Dinan FRC and rears! I had them both.

Understeer is gone. Body rollie pollie is gone. You really feel it at the track, but notice it immediately in your first corner on the street.

Best of all, ride quality is not diminished AT ALL.

I love Dinan, but this is where RD Sport did it better. You will be amazed how balanced the car feels -- and re-learn the levels of grip.

Reactions: Benzin and ykjones

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Car looks awesome. Great color too ;). I've been relatively happy with my Dinan stage 2 suspension for many years but I'd like even more stability. A lot of members rave on the RD Sport sway bars. It's something I'm seriously considering plus some other things. Does it ever end? Lol

Do it! You can always take mine for a spin! Or Kev's or Mikey's.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

Thanks! It never ends, I am three weeks in and have lost total control!

OP~ Love the color!!��

2x on RD Sport F/R sway bars over the Dinan FRC and rears! I had them both.

Understeer is gone. Body rollie pollie is gone. You really feel it at the track, but notice it immediately in your first corner on the street.

Best of all, ride quality is not diminished AT ALL.

I love Dinan, but this is where RD Sport did it better. You will be amazed how balanced the car feels -- and re-learn the levels of grip.
Thanks, I am a huge Dinan fan as well. My 545i with their S3 suspension is insane in the corners, no body roll whatsoever. But it swaps out the the entire suspension, not just the springs. It seems like I should have done a bit more research. It's essential that my car is planted without body roll in corners. It seems like RD Sport is the way to go. Where is the best place online to purchase? Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Thanks, I am a huge Dinan fan as well. My 545i with their S3 suspension is insane in the corners, no body roll whatsoever. But it swaps out the the entire suspension, not just the springs. It seems like I should have done a bit more research. It's essential that my car is planted without body roll in corners. It seems like RD Sport is the way to go. Where is the best place online to purchase? Thanks again.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/m5-e60-group-buy-forum-sponsor-discussion-offerings/162600-trinity-autosport-rdsport-sway-bars.html

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Your front tires will thank you after installing the RDSport sways! Joe and Nerwyll are great guys. I was just over at their shop this morning.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts