BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
so is it safe to say the dinan chip actually causes a drop in performance?
I was one of the first people to have the Dinan software in Dallas. I lost hp and posted a very lengthy and conclusive set of actions and their results. Search the m5 forum for my detail on it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Darren

·
Registered
109 Posts
I also have the Dinan Stage 1 software. It seems to me that is does make a difference. Car feels more responsive. I got the CFs removed, RPI pulley, scoops, the block off plates, bmc filters, and meisterchaft gt exahaust wtih xpipe. Thats why it is strange that we re losing power? Maybe I should have gone with a different software....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello,

I just had the Dinan Stage I installed and am pretty happy with it.

I have not noticed any change in performance or consumption so far (1st tank) but had a 328xi courtesy car for a few days, so the M definitely felt quick when I got it back - but then it still does feel quicker, thanks to the enhanced throttle response (I am running the 6MT).

All in all I was not expecting to notice any difference, because +/- 5 or even 10 hp would be hard to assess.

The air/fuel ratio mentionned to be richer in earlier posts makes me think I really need to get the RPI RAM air scoops yesterday, even though I had already removed the charcoal filters.

Here are the 3 main reasons I got this in the first place:

1. The Warranty
  2. I just about had it with the limiter (got it to 160.8MPH GPS speed on my best attempt - I dont need to go that much faster, but I do need to know that I can).
  3. The price is differential, so the day I am ready for Stage 2, it will only cost me $99.
I will post my mileage data down the road, when it is relevant enough...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I also have the Dinan Stage 1 software. It seems to me that is does make a difference. Car feels more responsive. I got the CFs removed, RPI pulley, scoops, the block off plates, bmc filters, and meisterchaft gt exahaust wtih xpipe. Thats why it is strange that we re losing power? Maybe I should have gone with a different software....
Look into evolve tune Welcome to Evolve - Premium Performance Upgrades

·
Registered
153 Posts
After reading the last 19 pages I don't know WTF to think about the stage 1 software!

I was considering doing it solely to raise the top speed limiter and have p400 a little more responsive.

However, if I might risk losing HP then I would definitely not do it.

Is there anybody that has gotten the stage 1 software recently that can comment on it?

My car is completely stock other than K&N airfilters and the Charcoal Filters removed.

I will keep searching the board as well.

181 - 187 of 187 Posts