BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea when they will be releasing them if they are at all? Want to lower the car by summer, and I really want to use Dinan's Suspension Stage 2 setup. :cool2:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dinan suspenion really doesn't lower the car that much...they only lowered the car by 1/4 inch...which is ridiculous IMO. Sorry can't help u with release dates.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I didn't know it was that little. I just wanted to do something different than my H&R's that I had on my M5, which I thought dropped it too much. I was thinking Eibach, or even ACS as an alternative to H&R. Anybody know if Eibach makes them for the Convertible?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Dinan suspenion really doesn't lower the car that much...they only lowered the car by 1/4 inch...which is ridiculous IMO. Sorry can't help u with release dates.
Dinan claims a 3/4" drop front and rear for the coupe, I'm sure the vert will be the same. Their claims are usually quite accurate. 3/4" would be perfect for me.
I'm waiting for their vert springs too, but I'm afraid it may be quite a while (my guess is >6 mo) till they're out. Dinan told me 2 months for their Vert exhaust over 6 mo ago. I didn't believe them so I paid extra to send a coupe exhaust to Chris at C2 in Tampa to have it modded for my vert. At first I though I was crazy paying an extra $700 to get them 2 months early but looking back I'm glad I did it. If there was only such a solution for the springs. Dinan products/warranty are great, their timeliness getting products to market is not.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've got the Dinan S2 kit, and it's more like the 3/4" stated. A little stiffer than stock, although I'm very please with the increased handling capabilities now. Very happy with this kit on my coupe.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hartge makes a set specifically for the convertible. They're about $500. From what I've heard, its got about a 2cm drop and keeps the ride quality about stock.

Make sure you get convertible SPECIFIC springs....the vert weighs more and requires different springs than the coupe.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just installed the H&R springs 2 days ago on my 2008 M6 Convertible, but now I seriously want to change to either Hartge or Eibach springs. The H&R's look great with my 20 inch wheels, but the ride is just way too stiff. Not to mention the possible issues with the strut as mentioned on this board before.

·
Registered
85 Posts
More Info on Eibach & Hartge Springs for Convertible M6

Yeah I didn't know it was that little. I just wanted to do something different than my H&R's that I had on my M5, which I thought dropped it too much. I was thinking Eibach, or even ACS as an alternative to H&R. Anybody know if Eibach makes them for the Convertible?
Ryan,

I called Eibach today & found out they do not make springs specifically for the M6 Convertible.

I also called Turner Motorsport, which referred me to GGI Tuning for the HARTGE Springs(Part # 31640200) for the Convertible M6. They charge $750(less 10% discount--u have to ask for it!) & $300 for installation.

I went to CEC and AC Schnitzer springs are over $900!:eek:oohhh:
Eibach makes it for ACS, but they are white & supposedly have different spring rate, etc.

Let me know what you decide to go with. I'm leaning heavily on the HARTGE Springs myself. I need to get rid of my H&R's. Just way too stiff for my taste.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ryan,

I called Eibach today & found out they do not make springs specifically for the M6 Convertible.

I also called Turner Motorsport, which referred me to GGI Tuning for the HARTGE Springs(Part # 31640200) for the Convertible M6. They charge $750(less 10% discount--u have to ask for it!) & $300 for installation.

I went to CEC and AC Schnitzer springs are over $900!:eek:oohhh:
Eibach makes it for ACS, but they are white & supposedly have different spring rate, etc.

Let me know what you decide to go with. I'm leaning heavily on the HARTGE Springs myself. I need to get rid of my H&R's. Just way too stiff for my taste.
Thanks alot for checking up on the springs. I'm either gonna do the Hartge, or wait for the Dinan if I could wait that long. Build quality should be about the same as the ACS also. And I chose not to do the H&R's on the M5 because of those two reason: Too harsh of ride, and lowers too much.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks alot for checking up on the springs. I'm either gonna do the Hartge, or wait for the Dinan if I could wait that long. Build quality should be about the same as the ACS also. And I chose not to do the H&R's on the M5 because of those two reason: Too harsh of ride, and lowers too much.
You're welcome Ryan. Let me know how everything works out for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts