BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow partial throttle is killer now, sport mode is way better shifting. I am sendind Steve Dian a valentine card this year. I love it. This thing is now meaner than my mom at a all you can eat buffet.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've been contemplating on this upgrade. How many miles did you log before the upgrade? Also, is there anything noticeable with the exhaust sound?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crap hit from behind

I've been contemplating on this upgrade. How many miles did you log before the upgrade? Also, is there anything noticeable with the exhaust sound?
my wife wanted to drive fast so she broke in early 11,000kms in 6 weeks. Sounds good just got hit from behind today so now need muffler and rear bumper. And yes exhaust sounds mean esspecially at startup. No Droan sound just makes it sound diffrent. Superspint can be better for install crappy brkt's took 3 hrs to line up muffler and pipes just right for 2 of us. Take to shop and have welded because those Italians could have used jb weld to hold clamps on and they would have worked better.

·
Registered
102 Posts
dinan software

Hi Slowcar,

Greatings from warm Georgia. Got a X6M with ecu/dinan exhaust.. ( and a airfilter K&N probably).... Do you think that they remap the transmission shifting as well? or just the engine map? nevertried a stck XM so cant tell difference.

I am not sure I like the tranny this way... what are your thoughts before and after? let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Slowcar -

Hi Slowcar -

I just read your text regarding your Dinan/ECU upgrades. I'm a fellow Calgarian and wanted to ask you a question about your X5 M.

I picked up an X5 M last year (used - 2010 from the US via dealer in Toronto), and I was curious if you ever did any 0-100 kph times with your truck.

I'm really curious what the performance of your vehicle is like (I got in a bit of a fight with the bmw dealer last year - from what I remember I was around >6 just doing cheap testing with a manual stop watch). They cited altitude and such, so I was just curious if you ever tried it.

So I'm thinking about doing the Dinan, but I want the beast that I bought to perform like it should before I make any mods and was concerned about warranty, etc.

Would you mind writing me back, or if you're game - please give me a call.

I'd like some testing results regarding, performance before the upgrade, after the upgrade, how much it was and would you do it again. If you wouldn't mind, I wouldn't mind just hearing your thoughts.

I'm thinking about just going to get it dyno'd and do a before and after. At least with some of the dealers they'll do a performance spec review, but it's fallen on deaf ears with BMW.

Pretty simple stuff but any thoughts would be appreciated.

Steven Robidas - I'm on linked in - if you want to scout -can't pm -- I have to post 45 messages or so..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts