BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to start a thread on the recent Dinan S3 M5 that sold on BaT and whats next for it.

So far the car has been awesome drive train wise and has every Dinan part for the E60 M5 included the Stroker. Sadly this car has been roached in Cali so this thread will be more dedicated to getting the car to match what is under to the hood. To be clear the seller was awesome and for the price it just made sense to redo the whole car cosmetically!

The Good:
  • Dinan Everything, Certed S3
  • 10K miles on Stroker
Performance Changes:
  • Alpha N tuning (just got on but still not sure if its the right path)
  • Decat of headers
The Bad:
  • Car looks like it sat in a Warzone!
  • All plastic (IE Headlights / Tails) and rubber roached
  • Wrong windshield
  • Seats seen better days
Progress So Far:
  • LCI Retrofit, Tails, wiring and coding done. Waiting on the EURO LCI headlights on Friday
  • All rubber replaced including the rear side windows
  • Front windshield replaced
  • Seibon Hood and CSL Trunk (12/30)
  • Planted E60 seat adapters
  • Recaro CS Sporter “SL”. Were out of a limited-edition defender and allow modular removal of the bottom
  • New seat control console to just retain HEAT seat buttons
  • Full Stage III paint correction with ceramic max / coat (WIP, happening as we speak!)
  • Custom made M5 lighted board runners
Next Steps:
  • Rear seats need to match the front
  • Sunroof delete with E60 euro roof liner
  • Lips and Diffuser
  • Tint (Yeah the tint currently is roached as well :-/ )
  • Some paint work
  • BBK?
Always welcome to comments and feedback! Photos coming shortly!

·
Registered
186 Posts
You’ll love the Recaros, but the re-wiring? Not so much. I love my CS seats in my car.

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey

·
Registered
91 Posts
Pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally getting to this. So things going to plan except the shipping company broke my new hood :cry:

When the car first came from Cali, All seals and paint needed love:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Which sliders did you go with? How easy is it to move back and forth?

Btw, I know who helped you with the harness, he did mine too lol

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey
So this is actually not a simple answer. The mounts are planted the the sliders are universal Recaros and they simply don't line up, luckily we have a lab that does machining and had to modify both the slider and bracket for it to be proper, now its perfect :).

Yeah I am glad he was willing to share his experiences around this seat loom. Still need to thin it out a little more.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Love the car! Do you intend on keeping the wheels? While I’ve always been a CH (or CH-R, not sure of these exact wheels) I just don’t think they look good on e60’s.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love the car! Do you intend on keeping the wheels? While I’ve always been a CH (or CH-R, not sure of these exact wheels) I just don’t think they look good on e60’s.
Right now yes , they are CHRs from Dinan configured to house a 305 in the rear. I like them but I may get them powder coated once I tackle all the other bits

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
@Xdivid Love the progress!

Interested on the details of your moonroof delete.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts