BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont' know if this is a typo or what but I was looking through the Dupontregistry today , and found a 2000 Bmw M5 listed as Dinan S3 for sale at only 46,000 with only 34k miles ( i think thats what it was).

If this is true I think sombody (maybe me) should jump on this now.

By the way on a similar note, buy the magizine it's worth it just because of the GEMALLA PORSCHE CARRERA GT which they tuned to 1000 hp and 889 ft/lbs of tq and beats just about everything as it does 250 mph, not to mention it has tons of other crap, and worth 1.5 million Euros which I think is up over 2mill US.

·
10,456 Posts
i'd bet it's a typo, other than the original prototype, which had the sc removed and was sold as an s2, i have not heard of any dinan s3's being delivered to customers yet. Unless perhaps it's steve dinan's personal car.
Price seems too low for dinan though!
Mike

·
Registered
240 Posts
mottati said:
Price seems too low for dinan though!
Mike
:confused3

No Joke!, thats pretty cheap for a so called DINAN S3 M5.

Which issue is this car in I will go check it out in the AM.

I know of a few Supercharged DINAN cars. I got a ride in one that was pretty Impressive, but it was not a true M5 it was a rebuilt 98 model 540 with a DINAN supercharger and an M5 poertrain(tranny and rear end). That car was in Atl. Ga being rebuilt by my buddy Ron and then was sent down to the owner in FL.
There are some pretty wicked DINAN cars runing around Atlanta.

B

·
0 Posts
It is simple to verify. Just ask the seller for their Dinan serial number.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked it up online, and coun't find it, but found one that looked similar, looks like its likely an s2.

The issue is the one with the Gemballa Carrera Gt with 1000hp on the cover. You woun't miss it.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think there must be a bunch of typos in this book, they should fire who ever did it.

I found a 04 ferrari 360 for 85k! Looked it up online and it's 185....I wonder if i can hold um to the 85k price and make them pay the difference to the guy. :1:

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Thunderbird said:
:confused3

No Joke!, thats pretty cheap for a so called DINAN S3 M5.

Which issue is this car in I will go check it out in the AM.

I know of a few Supercharged DINAN cars. I got a ride in one that was pretty Impressive, but it was not a true M5 it was a rebuilt 98 model 540 with a DINAN supercharger and an M5 poertrain(tranny and rear end). That car was in Atl. Ga being rebuilt by my buddy Ron and then was sent down to the owner in FL.
There are some pretty wicked DINAN cars runing around Atlanta.
I have a Dinan supercharged(upgraded XB1A head unit) E34 540i 6spd with a factory new 4.4L and it goes pretty good.:viking:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts