BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran in to a guy this weekend with a 2000 Silver M5, claims it was a Dinan S2 ($10,000 in mods, no Dinan badge) with only 16k miles. He said he's looking for around $47k if anyone is interested. Car looked very clean minus a few window stickers. Some minor road rash on wheels, but otherwise looked great. Seats are two tone with Grey insets. He said he ordered a new 645, then he said he ordered an M6? So, not sure what he's done, but claims he's interested in selling. Email me at [email protected] if you need his number.
David aka TripleD

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
tripleD said:
I ran in to a guy this weekend with a 2000 Silver M5, claims it was a Dinan S2 ($10,000 in mods, no Dinan badge) with only 16k miles. He said he's looking for around $47k if anyone is interested. Car looked very clean minus a few window stickers. Some minor road rash on wheels, but otherwise looked great. Seats are two tone with Grey insets. He said he ordered a new 645, then he said he ordered an M6? So, not sure what he's done, but claims he's interested in selling. Email me at [email protected] if you need his number.
David aka TripleD
Dave,
Get the last 7 digits of his car's VIN #, so I can run the number. I will see what the car has, so if it has the Dinan S2 package, it would be noted on the car's history. I might be able to post the details.
Robert

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will be difficult to do since I do not know this guy. All I can do is give you his phone number.

David

·
Registered
797 Posts
tripleD said:
David aka TripleD
$10K sounds kinda light for the full S2 package. Maybe headers and exhaust OR CAI, trumpets and throttle bodies.

Jeff

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think it's absolute B/S.

Full S2's are very, very rare. Mine has over $15k in it, and it's still a good $10-12k and 30-40 HP away from being an S2.

A full S2 is $25k minimum, and while the Dinan badge is optional, it absolutely must have the S2 serial number plate. All Dinan mods appear in BMW's worldwide service database, and all Badged cars (10 Dinan points or more), especially S2's (15 Dinan points) are registered in Steve Dinan's database.

It's very easy to check. Just ask this guy for the S2 serial number. I would give you 10:1 odds he won't be able to produce it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You may be correct in it's not an S2 which is why I put a question mark after my comment about him changing his tune about ordering a 645, then an M6. I had my 2 1/2 year old son with me so I couldn't really pin him down.

Regardless, it may not be and probably isn't a full S2, but it probably does have some Dinan mods and is a low mileage car if anyone has an interest. I posted merely as a service.
TripleD

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You may be correct in it's not an S2 which is why I put a question mark after my comment about him changing his tune about ordering a 645, then an M6. I had my 2 1/2 year old son with me so I couldn't really pin him down.

Regardless, it may not be and probably isn't a full S2, but it probably does have some Dinan mods and is a low mileage car if anyone has an interest. I posted merely as a service.
TripleD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts