BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a s62 e39 Dinan S2.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Budget?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
This one may have a lot of miles on it as the mileage in the ad is unlisted...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was considering that autotrader S2 myself but did not get to the contact phase as I wasn't too fond of titanium silver. Just me of course.

An Autocheck (I bought a 30 day party pack) reveals that
- reported miles were 123K in May 2010 (might be an issue if not on a steady diet of proactive maintenance)
- it was first titled in Feb.2000 meaning that it was definitely built before Mar.2000 (possibility of drinking more oil than the "norm")
- it was titled in snowy states so might have been winter driven (possibility of rust)

Still seems to be worth it if it's the real thing. Good luck!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
wow 16k for an S2?!? I think out cars have lost whatever little value they had left.
I seriously doubt it is a Full Dinan S2 versus having just Stage 2 software plus a few other Dinan components but not the full Signature 2.:nono:

edit: I don't see it listing high flow throttle bodies and tuned velocity stacks. Those are $5300 by themselves and are in the S2 package.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Not mine. Just linked to it from autotrader.com

View Inventory

Maybe other members will chime in with more options.
That's my car lol... I bought it a about a month ago. It's not a Dinan S2 - it's a Dinan S. No upgraded cams or velocity stacks, but it does have everything else and then some. Ridiculously mint condition too :wroom:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts