BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the Dinan S2 package coupled with the Powerchip 93 software?
I know you have to have the Dinan Stage V software installed when they install the headers, Velocity stacks & throttle bodies, but I was wondering if the Powerchip software would perform better with these mods?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I think you would see improvements over the Dinan stg. 5 software. Powerchip has proven themselves in the M5 community. You will see gains no matter if you have a stock M5 with their software, or a full S2 M5. However, your risk both your factory and Dinan warranty if you use their software. I it's reasonable to trust that Dinan's products are of great quality along with Powerchips and you shouldn't have any problems relating to these things.

Travis

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
As you can reflash the ECU with your original program, all you risk by going the Power Chip way is the inconvenience of switching softwares. Money is not at stake as Power Chip has a 30 days money back guarantee. In fact, they don't even charge your credit card until the 30th day has passed.

I had the Dinan chip before I went with PC. The PC is a better performing product to me, hands down.

CP

·
10,445 Posts
There was a post about someone who did just this a few months back. I think the boardmember went under the handle of texas or texasm5, you may want to do a search. He was extremely happy with the results of the powerchip tune on top of the S2 hardware.
Mike

Edit: look down at the bottom, under Similar Threads there's the link!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts