·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed Dinan has a

Rear Sway bar and Front Roll Control system

AC Schnitzer and RDSport and maybe H&R on the other hand have

Front and Rear Sway bars..

Has anyone gone full front and rear sway bar way and would the Front roll control system from Dinan be able to be added with the front sway bar setup?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I am actually going to go with the RDSport equipment. It will be installed in about 2 weeks. I know a lot of members have the Dinan equipment and will probably follow up on their feedback.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I believe Dinan also has a front sway bar. Generaly consensus is that the front sway is not needed and is more for looks than anything else (unless you are really going to push your car 10/10ths on the track).

I have the Dinan FCS and rear sway bar and am very happy with the price/performance of this mod.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I have the H&R rear and the Dinan front roll control system, which works great. I was getting the H&R front and rear, but their Front bar did not fit the M5, they are supposed to be making one, which I will get when it is available.

The new sway bars do make a big difference on a track, but be carefull about going to stiff, which is partly why I decided against the RD Sport.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I do not believe Dinan makes a front sway bar. What people might be referring to is the strut brace, which mounts between the strut tower mounts up top (in the engine bay). That has questionable handling improvements according to some posters, although I do not know personally.

I do not see why the front roll control system wouldn't work with a different sway bar. Dinan may have modified the FRC system, but the version I have simply moves the mounting position of the bar. So, hypothetically, you could do the same with any bar that mounts to the same single bolt.

That said, the picture on Dinan's website for the FRC now does not look like what I put on. It could be different now and the picture appears to have a hole about the diameter of the sway bar. If that is the case, a larger diameter sway bar likely wouldn't work.

But what is your goal, creating a 'neutral' car, or just tightening everything up? Dinan's system gets you neutral and allows you to play with oversteer via mounting points on the rear sway bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts