BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I'm biting the bullet. Got one on order and hopefully will recieve in the next couple of weeks. Cost ($2400) approximate, including shipping, installed. Also on order, cold air intake. (no price yet) Report from Dinan is that it will be done in Carbon fiber to match the rest of the engine bay.

Mark

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Originally posted by MarkM5Lauderdale:
Mark,

Your going to have to send some pic of the install. When will it be complete? Keep us up to date.

Thanks,

Mark

well, I'm biting the bullet. Got one on order and hopefully will recieve in the next couple of weeks. Cost ($2400) approximate, including shipping, installed. Also on order, cold air intake. (no price yet) Report from Dinan is that it will be done in Carbon fiber to match the rest of the engine bay.

Mark

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mark,

I wouldn't mind watching the install...if that's possible. I could also take a digital vieo clip for you to post.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Originally posted by marlin:
Marlin,

I look forward to the video.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

I wouldn't mind watching the install...if that's possible. I could also take a digital vieo clip for you to post.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Mark,

Look forward to the results.

Thanks,

Mark

Will let you know as soon as I have an appointment. Plan on taking my Sony Handycam as well. Also, got my camera mount installed in the car. Just about ready for Oktoberfest!

Mark

·
Registered
844 Posts

Mark
Thats a lot to pay for a Dinan when Tubi-style of Italy is coming out with a catback systen for the M-5 in early 2001.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I HAVE A EXTRA SET OF SUPERSPRINT EXAUST FOR A 2000 M5.. THE EXAUST HAS 2000 MILES ON IT ,, THEY SOUND GREAT AND ADD ABOUT 12 HP..PLUS GREAT GAS MILEAGE .. ALSO DINAN STRUT BRACE FOR 2000 M5 ,, REALLY TIGHTENS UP THE FROMT END.. MUCH MORE STABLE IN TURNS AND AT TOP SPEEDS.. ALL FOR SALE....
Originally posted by Parkerfe:

Mark
Thats a lot to pay for a Dinan when Tubi-style of Italy is coming out with a catback systen for the M-5 in early 2001.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Originally posted by mkf:
I HAVE A EXTRA SET OF SUPERSPRINT EXAUST FOR A 2000 M5.. THE EXAUST HAS 2000 MILES ON IT ,, THEY SOUND GREAT AND ADD ABOUT 12 HP..PLUS GREAT GAS MILEAGE .. ALSO DINAN STRUT BRACE FOR 2000 M5 ,, REALLY TIGHTENS UP THE FROMT END.. MUCH MORE STABLE IN TURNS AND AT TOP SPEEDS.. ALL FOR SALE....
How much for the struct brace ?

------------------

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
The rear strut bar is mounted in the trunk? I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but why would it be there? So where, then, would one put the rear sway-bar?

--Dan

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mounted to the top of the rear shock towers. Basically does the same thing as the front strut bar, which is, tighten up body flexing which occurs in hard driving. Now, whether the M5 needs it or not is another question. Probably, those with the fold down rear seats might notice a measurable difference, Don't know about the rest of us though. I do happen to think it looks nice, which can be as much a reason for purchasing things as any. Besides, I have all that weight problem being created by adding the Dinan exhaust which is supposedly 50lbs lighter.

Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts