BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Dinan exhaust cans for my beast. I did a search and didn't find the answer to my question. Has anyone installed the Dinan cans with the supersprint x-pipes? Are they compatible? Would the x-pipes make the car too loud?
Thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yeah lots of people have had it done. As far as being too loud that up to you (and the police in your area haha).

Reactions: WGM5

·
Registered
606 Posts
Dinan cans are loud enough as is, get them first.

I would first get the cans, let them fully break in (i.e. drive them for over 1000 miles), then determine is an X-pipe is needed. The X-pipe will change the sound significantly - which means it may be too loud not only for you, but for your neighbors, cops etc.

Reactions: WGM5

·
Registered
606 Posts
but would you still able to pass the emision in va or any other states with that setup?that would be my first conserns
Of course you would; it's not like you are deleting the cats or doing anything that will fail emissions. You're changing the mufflers and replacing the resonators - i.e. you're not doing that will not pass the emissions test.

·
Registered
338 Posts
but would you still able to pass the emision in va or any other states with that setup?that would be my first conserns
Cat-back exhaust systems do not affect emissions.

·
Registered
101 Posts
does it need welding for the ss x pip and how much should i look for when i will ask a garage to do it? i have been dying to it but was never able to post to ask questions but now i know how!!!
i allready have the dinan exhaust

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Everything "should" fit together. But who knows, sometimes aftermarket parts dont exactly fit 100%. Especially if you aren't going full supersprint and only going the catback and X pipe.

by the way, dinan is supposed to be one of the quieter setups with it comes to exhaust. However... as i quote "put in an x pipe and you will be immediately sorry" <---- quote from another member.

·
13,589 Posts
DM5 did this to his car, and thought he made a $1700 mistake. IMO, the car sounded pretty good...but a bit "Hollow" if thats any way to describe it. He had a full SS setup (H,C,X,Magnum Cans) then swapped to the dinan's to reduce drone (which, IMO, was hardly noticable with the radio on but it was audible). Search for the $1700 mistake thread

1 - 12 of 12 Posts