BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2008 6-speed car which came with a Dinan exhaust. This is an investment grade car which will be driven sparingly, so definitely not a daily driver. I have a very vivid memory of hearing an E60 in service which sounded super amazing. At higher revs, the exhaust sang at a decibel which would probably be described as obnoxious by all but the true car enthusiast. At the time, the tech told me that the car was running a Dinan exhaust.

Upon taking delivery of my car, I was a bit surprised by how muted this set up is on my car. Even at higher revs, there really isn't much in cabin sound, windows up or down. I'm running the cat back only system. Are any of you running this system plus other parts for a bit more vocal exhaust note?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just picked up a 2008 6-speed car which came with a Dinan exhaust. This is an investment grade car which will be driven sparingly, so definitely not a daily driver. I have a very vivid memory of hearing an E60 in service which sounded super amazing. At higher revs, the exhaust sang at a decibel which would probably be described as obnoxious by all but the true car enthusiast. At the time, the tech told me that the car was running a Dinan exhaust.

Upon taking delivery of my car, I was a bit surprised by how muted this set up is on my car. Even at higher revs, there really isn't much in cabin sound, windows up or down. I'm running the cat back only system. Are any of you running this system plus other parts for a bit more vocal exhaust note?
Wanna sell the Dinan exhaust then?

·
Registered
113 Posts

It is not an intrusive exhaust at all. It is actually quite tame except at WOT. I have a Dinan M5 with the exhaust. Ive paired it with Supersprint Section 1 & 2. I would compare my set up to a stock system with Eisenmann Race. How do I know? Because I started with a stock system with Eisenmann Race. I love my set up and wouldn’t trade it for anything.

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is not an intrusive exhaust at all. It is actually quite tame except at WOT. I have a Dinan M5 with the exhaust. Ive paired it with Supersprint Section 1 & 2. I would compare my set up to a stock system with Eisenmann Race. How do I know? Because I started with a stock system with Eisenmann Race. I love my set up and wouldn’t trade it for anything.

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey
That's what I was thinking of doing. Did that make a substantial or incremental difference in volume?

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Remove your cats and your Dinan Section 3 will scream.

No cats or resonators, just x-pipe and Dinan Section 3:

No cats and Dinan Section 1, 2, and 3:

W/cats Dinan Section 1, 2, and 3:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I love my AA full Catback exhaust with De-catted RMS Stock headers and the FAMS Tune...it sounds insanely nice...video to come soon, wish we had a tunnel in NC though...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm waiting for my M6 to be delivered and has Dinan mufflers as well, looks like I will be disappointed if I'm expecting what I've been hearing on Youtube lol.

I was planning on delete the secondary cats only.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
One of my old 2012 threads on this topic:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I to have a Dinan muffler and I removed everything except the stock headers and the muffler. Sounds like a whole different animal after 3k RPM but subtle under 3k with just enough growl to hear it coming. I used to like the back fire popping my other M's used to do with a muffler delete but when I took the muffler off for a day to see how I liked it, it got annoying to me and I was happy with the little back fire pops i get now with the Dinan on.

Try taking your un-monitored Cats and the resonators and see how you like it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I still have my primary cats and oem headers, then the 4" resonator (Dinan 65mm piped and resonated) version of the section one,two, and three.

It's rather deep with a nice top end rip, not a scream but more of a howl... and my neighbors still give a 'side eye' upon cold starts. I keep the RPM's down around town, but not shy at freeway on ramps and tunnels.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of Dinan section 1&2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Another one of my old posts:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok thanks, I understand what section 1, 2, and 3 mean. I guess the Dinan 1 & 2 are discontinued?

Your last video, it’s only section 3? Stock everything else?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ok thanks, I understand what section 1, 2, and 3 mean. I guess the Dinan 1 & 2 are discontinued? Don’t see it anywhere online.
If they are discontinued would you sell your section 3? Lol.. just playin man. Yeah I haven't seen them online as well although whats weird is that I still find the full Active Autowerke system online even though they are discontinued. They're pretty nice as well imo. But eventually Im gonna end up with a Dinan section 3 one of these days.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I love my AA full Catback exhaust with De-catted RMS Stock headers and the FAMS Tune...it sounds insanely nice...video to come soon, wish we had a tunnel in NC though...

As promised if you ever want to hear the AA, this was at NCCAR trak day couple of months back in the summer.
https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d9ddbcaec493/VID_21820222_061016_767.mp4https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d9ddc010bb86/VID_21820220_081500_726.mp4https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d9ddc026eb80/VID_21820220_220834_580.mp4https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d9ddc2b96cce/VID_21820221_184103_278.mp4

·
Registered
185 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts