BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was getting to pull the trigger on a Corsa exhaust today when some pictures of other members systems got me confused. My exhaust had a clamp already between "section 2" and 3. So I look further and the midsection pipes are also not stock.

So long story short, I can verify I have a Dinan section 2 and the previous owner removed the section 3 before selling. Question now is, am I losing power because of a modified section 2 and stock section 3? Also how can I identify if I have a Dinan section 1? Thanks!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Dinan 1 replaces stock secondary cats
Dinan 2 replaces stock combination H-pipe/resonator
Dinan 3 replaces stock mufflers

Dinan 1 can be in three configurations:
1) no resonator, track pipe (loudest),
2) 3.5" resonator (not quite as loud as the loudest),
3) 4.0" resonator (slightly louder than stock, but quieter than 3.5" resonator)

Dinan 2 is the X-pipe.

Post a picture if youre confused.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Judging by your info I assume that I just have section 2 currently then the OEM section 3. Do you think there is a sound increase with a section 2 only? Now I guess my only exhaust choice is Dinan. Juat have to wait for a good used one.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Judging by your info I assume that I just have section 2 currently then the OEM section 3. Do you think there is a sound increase with a section 2 only? Now I guess my only exhaust choice is Dinan. Juat have to wait for a good used one.

Looks like only a Dinan 2, connected to the stock secondary cats. You will get a little more bark and a tiny bit of bite.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Now I guess my only exhaust choice is Dinan. Juat have to wait for a good used one.

The exhaust sections are pretty standard for most manufacturers. I was using Miestershaft Section 1 with Tubi Sections 2 and 3 and they mated perfectly.

IMHO! You can use any section 3. If there is a slight difference in length, it can be fixed easily.

Good Luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for all the good responses.

My hope is somebody reads this and wants to remove their Dinan and go back to stock. I could send them my exhaust already cut at the right spot to reinstall and they could send me theirs...... takers? Takers?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Why do you want to replace the section 2, you've not lost your secondary cats, I can see them in the photos and unless the previous owner swapped out the headers for longtube or decat option, you'll have your primary cats. So your emission tests will be OK.

The dinan section 2 looks to be an xpipe. This vs the stock H pipe equates to a slight increase in noise levels (it'll sound sportier), you might get a tiny bit of drone, but I doubt you'll hear any, I don't on mine.

I'd keep it, not worth the hassle of swapping it out. Then you should replace the mufflers with Tubi or Eisenmann, stock really suppresses that V10. It's like your driving around with 2 pillows for back boxes.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts